Prune posts, keep counters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prune posts, keep counters?

My database has become a little too large, and I was wondering if there's any way to prune threads/post and still keep the counters intact? I wanna be completely sure to keep the counters at the current numbers, so maybe I could strip out the bodies of the threads and posts that are older than a certain date, and just keep the headlines? I'm just thinking out loud here, any ideas are welcome.

This requires modifying the code. We cannot officially support code modifications or forums running modified code, however can try searching or asking for help with this over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

So, you guys have no good ideas on how to do this?

Comment

They know how, but modified boards are not supported by Jelsoft, so they really can't answer.

However, unless I've been seeing things, pruning threads does not lower the counters. I've pruned 100's and my users count remains the same, as do the forum stats. You just have to be careful and choose prune, not delete.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X