No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This has got me stumped:

Fresh install of 3.5.1 not hacked. Uploading of custom avatar works as confirmed by accessing the directory by FTP. The uploaded avatar shows in User CP Edit Avatar but the avatar doesn't show in posts or profile. Uploading of profile pic works and shows in profile. Uploading of Generic avatar works in the Admin panel, shows in User CP Edit Avatar but doesn't show in posts or profile either. Attachment upload works and shows in posts. Attachments, avatars and profile pics all stored in the file system. Avatars show in posts when stored in the database

So avatars don't show in posts or profile when stored in the file system. Any ideas?

I've gone through the process of uploading non-image files in ASCII and making a new skin choosing no parent twice all to no avail.
    Last edited by andiez; Mon 7 Nov '05, 2:07pm.

Yep, I got the same problem and you can see my thread a few threads down.

DMCTalk.com forums - For DeLorean owners and enthusiasts.

Comment

Well get this: When I move custom avatars from the file system to the database and then back to the file system they then show in post and profile!

Comment

We'll let me know if that fixes it for good and then I'll do that.

Thanks.

Comment

No it doesn't fix the problem, only for existing avatars. New custom avatar uploads still don't show in posts and profile.

Comment

Well, actually for me they will show in the profile, but not in the posts.

Comment

Last input before I go to bed: The sql for the customavatar table which looks ok to me. Hopefully there'll be some help coming my way in the not too distant future.

# Server version 4.1.11-standard-log
              #
              # Table structure for table vb3_customavatar
              #
              CREATE TABLE `vb3_customavatar` (
              `userid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
              `filedata` mediumblob,
              `dateline` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
              `filename` varchar(100) NOT NULL default '',
              `visible` smallint(6) NOT NULL default '1',
              `filesize` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
              `width` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
              `height` smallint(5) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
              PRIMARY KEY (`userid`)
              ) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1;
              #
              # Dumping data for table vb3_customavatar
              #
              INSERT INTO `vb3_customavatar` VALUES (1,NULL,1131403004,'_11313952091.jpg',1,3652,85,99);
              INSERT INTO `vb3_customavatar` VALUES (2,NULL,1131408690,'avatar1_4.gif',1,10714,109,110);

Comment

I'm just going to store them (custom avatars/profile pics) in the database since that works for me.

Comment

Revert your postbit templates.

Comment

I never edited my postbit template on my live board.

Edit... the default template postbit was never modified yet it still has the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                      Revert your postbit templates.
                      It's a fresh install so no templates have been modified. But, anyway, I already reverted all templates twice just to make sure.

Comment

The avatar problem is with a fresh install. When I drop the tables and upload the dump from my other upgraded board there are no problems. The only problem was that I had to dump it with mysql323 compatibility even though both MySQL servers are 4.1.

Comment

For anyone else getting the problem of custom avatars served from the file system not showing in posts after a new install of 3.5.1, the answer appears to be to install 3.5.0 and then upgrade to 3.5.1. Worked for me

Comment

Ah, ok I'll see if there is a problem with this as I have an idea what it could be if it is only with 3.5.1 installs.

Comment

Can those with this problem please open a support ticket with a forum admin login and ftp login information?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X