adding quick reply to old templates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding quick reply to old templates

hey so i turned on quick reply and it didnt work so used search in templates in the admin to see if any of my files in my templates had "quick reply" in them and they didnt. so i know i have old templates. All i want to update for now is to add any code to make quick reply work. Anyone help me out what templates i need to edit and what code thats gotta be added?

I don't know which version you upgraded from, but you should revert all your templates and redo your changes.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

3.5.0 to 3.5.1

and i added this template after i upgraded

Comment

hey can anyone help me?

Its an old template.

What code do i add where to get quick reply to work on the forums? Its turned on but wont show...

Comment

Create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

To update an old template to include the features and bugfixes which have been added in subsequent editions, you have to compare and contrast your templates with the current ones. This used to be a painful laborious process. Now it's just painful.

vB3.5 adds a Template Compare and Template History feature that lets you compare side-by-side two different versions of the templates so you can preserve your changes while still keeping up to date with Jelsoft's changes.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X