New post thread Icon trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New post thread Icon trouble

My users are having trouble with the new post system.

When someone makes a new post the Icon will change like it's suppose to. When another user reads the post, goes back to the main forum it still reads as a new post. It seems like they have to go back and re-read the post for that to clear.

Any ideas?

This is the cookie based mark read system.

vBulletin 3.5 offers you three different ways to mark a thread as read, I suggest you set it to the setting "Database (no automatic forum marking)" Which is what I believe we use here on vBulletin.com too, and I use it on my web sites too.

Admin Control Panel > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > General Settings > Thread/Forum Read Marking Type > Database (no automatic forum marking)

This option controls how threads and forums are marked as read.
    1. Inactivity/Cookie Based - once a user has been inactive for a certain amount of time (the value of the cookie timeout option) all threads and forums are considered read. Individual threads are marked as read within a session via cookies. This option is how all versions of vBulletin before 3.5 functioned.
    2. Database (no automatic forum marking) - this option uses the database to store thread and forum read times. This allows accurate read markers to be kept indefinitely. However, in order for a forum to be marked read when all threads are read, the user must view the list of threads for that forum. This option is more space and processor intensive than inactivity-based marking.
    3. Database (automatic forum marking) - this option is the same as a previous option, but forums are automatically marked as read when the last new thread is read. This is the most usable option for end users, but most processor intensive.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X