Here's a quick question about SuperMod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's a quick question about SuperMod

Can a supermod physically remove a message?
    So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Yes. Supermods have all moderator permissions.

Comment

Wow, that was quick!

Since you're still up at this time, can you please refresh my memory on where is the permission to force mods to do soft delete only? I'm having a case of brain fart and can't remember where I set it. Thanks!
      So Cal Sportbike forum - So Cal Moto - Kawasaki Ninja 250R Forum - Custom vinyl decals - Southern California camping forum

Comment

Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Can Physically Delete Posts
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I am having trouble with this - My moderators are classified as Super Moderators, so they can moderate all forums. However, when I go to Admin CP -> Forums & Moderators -> Show All Moderators -> Edit -> Can Physically Delete Posts, I can only choose Edit for a few forums on a list. How do I control their ability to delete posts from forums they haven't specifically been assigned to, but they have permission to moderate?

Comment

As said above, Supermods have all permissions - you can't control them as you can with normal moderators.

Comment

Thanks - I thought the question above was about Super Moderators.

I suppose I'll have to assign my moderators to all of the forums to limit their ability to physically remove messages then?

Comment

Originally posted by AtoZ
                I suppose I'll have to assign my moderators to all of the forums to limit their ability to physically remove messages then?
                Yep!

Comment

It is kind of inconsistant. They have moderator privileges on all forums but they're only >>Assigned<< to certain forums.

I think it is a bug/missing feature that you have to assign someone as a moderator of every forum to control how they delete posts. It's almost MORE important that they NOT be able to physically delete messages in forums that they're not assigned to moderate!

Something less kludgily written than:
                  [X] Allow physically remove messages from forums this user is not an assigned moderator of.

Comment

Id like to know why we can restrict a moderator from hard deleting a post but the VB guys wouldnt add the restriction of letting them delete the attachments!

Whats the sense in saving the post if the attachments are gone???

Doug

Comment

me too....
                      Can i limit a supermod to physically remove a message? Is there an option for this?

Comment

No, no direct options.

Comment

i fuond this! yep!
                          http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...sically+remove

Comment

VB Pretty Please can you add this into the product rays:

Comment

Originally posted by BieDdoS
                              I tried that mod and wasnt able to get it to work correctly so I gave up on it for now.

Doug

Comment

Working...
                              X