Banned User Log Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Banned User Log Out

Am testing the 3.5 upgrade and banned a user with a reason then logged in as the banned user to see what happens. Good to see the reason and the date (users have asked for this a lot) although would be good to see the logged-in user name too.

There doesn't seem to be anyway for the user to logout at this point. Even 'mycookies.php' script brings up the message page. Had to clear the cookies using browser tools (Firefox). Didn't wait for session timeout so don't know if they'd be logged out automatically after 15 mins.

Could be a problem when a banned user is at shared computer e.g. in a library or internet cafe. We often have users forgetting to log out at such places and other users posting as them. In this case a user wouldn't be able to log in if a banned user had previously used the machine (unless they could clear cookies).

No idea if this was a problem prior to the upgrade as I'd never thought to test it before.

I suppose I could add the Username to the phrase and a 'Log Out' link to the template...

Why would you want them to log out? There are hacks that actually remove the Log Out link for banned users to make it more difficult for them to simply log out and register with a new name.

Unless your banned user is sharing a computer with a user that isn't banned, I see no problem.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X