Cron job to turn a specific forum on/off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cron job to turn a specific forum on/off

A long time ago my forum used to have an insomniac's forum..which whenever an admin was available...we would turn it on/off manually, it would open at midnight and be turned off at 6am. I'd like to use a cron job to do that, however, I'm not sure what to do.

And actually, I mean, is there a way to do this using the Scheduled Tasks feature.

You would have to write a custom script to do this. Try asking over at www.vbulletin.org.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Sorry..I know I keep "kicking a dead horse", however, I got thinking on this just a bit ago...

I know what I want here...and I guess I can't understand why it would be so difficult..or why it would require such a heavy modification as has been mentioned...

I want to basically take forumid x and set the forum_active to 0/1, as well as forum_open 0/1, and then reverse the process some 6 hours later.

So I set out to look in the database for that special..."switch", and, I couldn't find it!

So I ask...and again I'm sorry to just bring this thread back from no-man's land..

Where in the database would I find the field that denotes whether a forumid is open and active, or not?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X