Subject Headers not updating ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subject Headers not updating ?

OK i assume this is to do with Cached Posts Lifespan but i'm hoping for advice here.

If we post to a VB 3.5 forum everything is as it should be but if we need to edit the Post title it will still display the old title on the forumhome and forumdisplay pages (even though when you enter the body of the message the title has been updated). How can i prevent this happening as its frustrating not having it update on the main threads ....

Is it to do with Cached Posts Lifespan and if so setting this to 0 would help ? When we edit a Post title it really should update instantly ...

Possibly it's cached in your browser?

When this happens, try reloading the page by clicking Ctrl + F5 and see if the old title is still displayed.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
      Possibly it's cached in your browser?

When this happens, try reloading the page by clicking Ctrl + F5 and see if the old title is still displayed.
      I'd already tried that i'm afraid Its something to do with a vbulletin setting i'm sure ...

Heres an example

The post was posted with a subject of the following :-

Review Bewitched

It was then amended to Review Bewitched (2005)

but the forum home and forum thread displays are not updating. However the actual subject (when clicked) shows the subject heading as Review Bewitched (2005).

Comment

I have this problem too.
        I have noticed in in other vbulletin forums also.

If I create a thread entitled "how to ebt breakfast"
        and then realise I made a typo and edit it to "how to eat breakfast"

in the forum page showing the list of threads it still says "how to ebt breakfast"

I've tried it on a different pc so its nothing to do with the cache with the same result.

Also I use subdreamer to display the latest posts from the forums, and that too displays the pre-edited incorrect version.

This makes me think that it is something to do with how the thread title is stored different to the post title, and it is not updated when the post title of the starting post (creating the thread title ) is edited.

Anyone know how I can edit the Thread title ??

Comment

Originally posted by Lammypie
          I have this problem too.
          I have noticed in in other vbulletin forums also.

If I create a thread entitled "how to ebt breakfast"
          and then realise I made a typo and edit it to "how to eat breakfast"

in the forum page showing the list of threads it still says "how to ebt breakfast"

I've tried it on a different pc so its nothing to do with the cache with the same result.

Also I use subdreamer to display the latest posts from the forums, and that too displays the pre-edited incorrect version.

This makes me think that it is something to do with how the thread title is stored different to the post title, and it is not updated when the post title of the starting post (creating the thread title ) is edited.

Anyone know how I can edit the Thread title ??
          Sorry i didnt get back to you sooner on this. Its to do with the amount of time before the site caches it. After a certain period of time you or your users won't be able to update the frontend title of the forum thread due to it being cached.

However you can force that by editing it in the Thread Tools, Edit Thread drop down. Edit the title there and it will update ...

Caused me some confusion at the start for sure

Comment

cheers, found it. thanks

Comment

Is there any way for the message titles to be forced to update when the users modify them too?

My forum is mostly for regional events and sometimes artists back out or times change and unfortunately most people only read headers whether it's on the forum or through a RSS stream.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X