Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permissions Message

Hi,

I just set up promotions for my forum. Is there a way to change the message they get when they try to do something that they don't have permission for? The message they get is:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
    1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
    Basically what I want to do is place a link to the faq section that explains why they're seeing this message.

Thanks

Edit the not_logged_no_permission phrase in your AdminCP.
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Thanks Colin. It wasn't that phrase but you lead me in the right direction.

Comment

Chabbs,

Did you ever figure out what the correct phrase was to edit this?

Thanks

Doug

Comment

Originally posted by dcpaq2
          Chabbs,

Did you ever figure out what the correct phrase was to edit this?

Thanks

Doug
          Hey Doug,

Yes I did find the phrase. It's nopermission_loggedin. Search for the variable name.

Comment

Chabbs,

Thank you very much for posting that. Greatly appreciated!

Doug

Comment

Anyone know which phrase it would be for when your NOT logged in?

I dont see one called nopermission_notloggedin so im not sure what it would be.

This is the text that I see when not logged in and trying to view the members list.

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
              1. You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again.
              2. You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
              3. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
              I cant figure out what phrase controls this text.

Doug

Comment

I believe this is more than one phrase. Do a 'Search in Phrases' for the specific language you are looking for, then edit the appropriate Phrase.

Admin CP -> Languages & Phrases -> Search in Phrases

Note: To edit a phrase, place the new phrase in the available language text boxes.
                Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Steve,

You were right, thank you so much for your help.

Here is where they are if anyone else was wondering.

Line 1 "You are not logged in. Fill in the form at the bottom of this page and try again."

Is found in the not_logged_in_fill_in_form phrase.

Line 2 "You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?"

Is found in the may_not_have_sufficient_privileges phrase.

Line 3 "If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation."

Is found in the administrator_may_disabled_account phrase.

Again thanks Steve, and I hope this helps others out as well.

Doug

Comment

When users are banned the no permission message comes up different for them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X