No announcement yet.

WAP friendly version of my Forum ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny, that's what I told them to do and get back to me on weather it worked; I was looking in the config file for guidence, but the variables aren't explained so I know what changing them does. Thanks for explaining it, though; I'll explain it to them.

Now if only the reputation was integrated, I could get along with it for a while until one of the other solutions ("Alabama" gets a 3.5 release or the WAP plugin works across more phone) works.

Comment

Here are my default settings from the CONF:
      //---------------------------------------------------------------
      // The below settings are "fall back" options
      // Under most circumstances these should not be modified.
      // Your users can use "My Prefs" to modify most of these settings
      //---------------------------------------------------------------

$Default_WiStyle="Color";
      $HTopicLimit=10;
      $ThreadLimit=5;
      $Posts_Max_Characters=1000;
      $PostLimit=1;
      $PM_Max_Characters=800;
      $PMLimit=5;
      $OnlineUsersListLimit=30;
      $SearchLimit=10;
      vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Thanks, I'll try switching it to color to see if the users like that for now - one complaint was the bland look to the default.

Comment

Be careful with switching that default style. Let me find the info Thad sent me about that.
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Here it is:
            We still are unable to access http://wap.fireblades.org via any WAP 2.0 device/browser. Did you change the default theme in the WiForums configuration file to Color(HQ)? If so, you must make sure that an XHTML-MP WiStyle of the same name exists, if you do not do so WiForums will not be able to output any data to a WAP 2.0 or WAP 1.x & WAP 2.0 complaint browser.
            Doing so should remedy the A500 issue that you have experienced.
            I just renamed mine to "Color" to make it easier. Just make sure you have an XHTML-MP style called "Color" also.

Comment

I've posted one template improvement to
              http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=100764
              so far. There's lots more to do.

Comment

I only have what was uploaded with the default - in WML there is Color(HQ) and default and in XHTML-MP there is default and Series60. Which means I am a little confused as to how the styles work, unless you no longer need WML and XHTML-MP schemes in both directories?

Comment

Praying that Jelsoft releases an authorized/real version of vB with native WAP support. (Fingers crossed).
                  3rdgen.org - Real Cars, Real People, Real Fast!

Comment

i agree.. i have been looking for a good one too, but cant seem to find one that really works well..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X