Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please suggest a phpBB->vB transition strategy considering indexed pages...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monolith
    replied
    lol, yeah, i guess i should have read the pre-sales forum more closely. I just assumed there was some type of CMS in vB.

Unless anyone has a suggestion, i guess ill just leave the old forum locked where it is, with announcements linking to the new forum? At least untill the new one gets spidered.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Unfortunately the phpBB URL will not longer be valid and there is no way to automatically fix this.

Also we do not provide a portal for vB at this time. There are several add-ons that can do this, but they are third-party add-ons that we do not provide or suport. You can check the Portals forums at www.vbullletin.org for information about these.

Leave a comment:

• Please suggest a phpBB->vB transition strategy considering indexed pages...

I have a phpBB forum at domain.com/forums. This forum has a lot of indexed pages in Google, and im loathe to lose them, as im getting quite a bit of search engine traffic. Any idea how i should handle the transition to vB?

Also, how is vB handled when using it as a CMS? If i want the vB CMS to be my root index page (i.e. domain.com), should i install the board into the root directory? Or do i install the board into a subfolder, and then just install the CMS portion into the root directory? Id like to avoid redirects (even with .htaccess).

Thanks!