Attached zip file getting corrupted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attached zip file getting corrupted

When I upload a zip file as an attachment, and then download it again, Winzip tells me it can no longer open it. The file size is the same, and the same exact zip file works fine on my computer.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can't open it after attaching it?

are you storing in the file system or in the database?

Comment

Storing them in the file system.

Comment

Hi there, do you have the URL to the forum for me and a test account so I can try to reproduce this? Make sure you have no hacks installed and all plugins are disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
          Hi there, do you have the URL to the forum for me and a test account so I can try to reproduce this? Make sure you have no hacks installed and all plugins are disabled.
          The site is located here: http://www.railroadphotoessays.com/forum/

I've PM'd you with a user name and password.

It's totally stock, fresh install, no hacks and no plugins. Plugins are disabled as well.

Comment

I made a .zip of an image, unpacked it to a new dir and it worked.

Then I uploaded it as attachment to your forum, loaded the thread and downloaded the attachment. Unpacked it to a new dir and it worked.

Both the original, unpacked and downloaded_unpacked .jpg files were the same and visible in image viewer.

Sorry, I can't reproduce this.

I packed up with WinRAR 3

Comment

Well I can't open the one you uploaded either.

I'm using Winzip 9.01 and get an error message that says Winzip cannot open the file and it does not appear to be a valid archive. Any clues on what might be wrong?

Comment

What if you re-install winzip?

Comment

Originally posted by ATI4EVER
                  What if you re-install winzip?
                  I just did, I upraded from an older version to the most current one. Also, the file I orginally tested with unzipped fine when it was sent to me in e-mail.

I upload it to the forum, downloaded it, and even though it's the same size, it no longer works. So something is changing during that process...

Comment

What if you use a different browser?

Which one are you currently using?

Comment

What if you use a different browser?

Which one are you currently using?
                      OK, it worked in Netscape Navigator.

But it's not working in Internet Explorer, which worries me... I'm using version 6.0.2900.2180

Comment

I myself use FireFox. Try deleting cookies and cache maybe?

Comment

I myself use FireFox. Try deleting cookies and cache maybe?
                          Unfortunately most of my members us Internet Exploiter... So trying to get them all to change to FF isn't an option.

I ask a couple of others to try it and see what happens.

Comment

Sounds like you are running apaches mod_defalate with vBulletins gziping function..

Are you using mod_defalate or vBulletins built in gzip?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
                              Sounds like you are running apaches mod_defalate with vBulletins gziping function..

Are you using mod_defalate or vBulletins built in gzip?
                              I'm using whatever the default is, at least as far as I know. How do I check?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X