Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Wise One
    replied
    [QUOTE=Floris]Well, if you have html turned on, it will parse the html code inside the code tag. Use [html] to display html code. Or wrap it around [noparse][/QUOTE]
    ok i understand. but i tried the noparse code wrapped inside the code tag but outside the actual code:

[ code ][ noparse ] desired code here [ /noparse ][ /code ]

and it didnt work. the code inside of the code tag still parsed.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Well, if you have html turned on, it will parse the html code inside the code tag. Use [html] to display html code. Or wrap it around [noparse]

Leave a comment:

• The Wise One
    replied
    [QUOTE=Floris]Do you have HTML turned on?
    BBCode inside [code] will get parsed.

Use the new [noparse] tag to anything be parsed.[/QUOTE]
    interestingly enough...yes...i had HTML turned on for both of those forums. turned it off and all is well...but shouldnt there be a way to make it work even with html turned on?

the coloring with syntax highlighting still seems off though. looks the same as in the screenshots in my first post.

as for [noparse], i tried rapping the actual code inside of the code bbcode tag but it didnt work. didnt do anything. there is no bbcode inside any of the [ code ] tags.
    Last edited by The Wise One; Thu 20 Oct '05, 1:59am.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Do you have HTML turned on?
    BBCode inside [code] will get parsed.

Use the new [noparse] tag to anything be parsed.

Leave a comment:

• The Wise One
    started a topic odd bbcode [code] behavior

odd bbcode [code] behavior

this is going to take a bit for me to explain...so please bare with me.

running 3.5.0 final
    IE6 and FF1.0.7

test forum structure:

category 1
    -- forum 1
    -- forum 2
    -- forum 3
    -- forum 4
    ---- sub forum 1
    ---- sub forum 2
    ---- sub forum 3

category 2
    -- forum 1
    -- forum 2

category 3
    -- forum 1
    -- forum 2

category 4
    -- forum 1
    -- forum 2

category 5
    -- forum 1
    -- forum 2

category 6
    -- forum 1
    -- forum 2

categories 2 through 5 are set up to be private where only moderators and above can view them. i use categories 2 through 5 to track what modifications i do to the test forums. most of the mods ive done have been ones posted on vb.org so when i do a mod, i post a simple thread with a link to the mod on vb.org. the ones i do myself i post using php and code bbcode tags.

the latest mod i did i documented using php and code bbcode tags and have run into some really odd behavior. here are some screen shots that illustrate the behavior. note that this behavior only occurs when the code is posted in the 2 forums that reside in categories 2 and 5:

using [ code ] bbcode

using [ php ] bbcode

using [ html ] bbcode

using the html and php code tags, the code inside does display as i would expect it to...although the coloring seems off in the syntax highlighting.

my test board does have quite a few mods and plugins. ive tried disabling plugins through the options as well as disabling products and plugins individually and a combination of both. ive also tried with a default unmodified style. ive also reuploaded all the files. what you see in the screenshots above happens regardless. whats really wierd to me is this behavior only displays in forums that reside in categories 2 and 5. every where else it posts as it should. im stumped. any help would be greatly appreciated.