• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    The End

• The End
    replied
    Originally posted by version2
    After the upgrade a LOT of my members are complaining about being logged out upoin returning to the site. And some folks cannot even log in. They go through the log in process and it shoots them right back to where they have to log on again.
    I'm having this problem too. They're saying that the 'Remember Me' box doesn't help.

One of my supermods is having this problem, this is how he said he got it to temporarily work.

firefox keeps their cookies in the profile folder then in cookies.txt. I noticed that i had a cookies-1.txt. I deleted cookies.txt and renamed cookies-1.txt to cookies.txt. This was full of a bunch of older cookies. I happend to have a cookie from your site in it and it kept me logged in. as long as I do not log out I am fine
    edit: He also says that it only happens on Firefox, and only if you have logged out since the upgrade to 3.5.0
    The End
    Last edited by The End; Mon 17 Oct '05, 5:26pm.

Leave a comment:

• mclark2112

• mclark2112
    replied
    If I clear my forum cookies, and go back, I can log in successfully. This has happened consistantly since the upgrade...

Leave a comment:

• mclark2112

• mclark2112
    replied
    Me too, it happens to me too. I log in, it says successful, then I get the front page, and I'm not logged in... My members are having this issue too.

I have seen it in firefox, not sure about IE.

Leave a comment:

• dicetomato

• dicetomato
    replied
    I am having the same problem also.

Leave a comment:

• Wordz
    replied
    i am reuppin' this so someone can see it and give some feedback

Leave a comment:

• Wordz
    replied
    Originally posted by version2
    I have been recommending that. Some of them are reporting that this does nothing. They still do not get logged in.
    i am having the same problem. they checked the box, they have no firewall, but they still can't remain logged in

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you having the same problems? If not its a cookie isssue on their end or somthing else, ask them to clear their cookies via the browser, close all of their browser windows, and try again

Leave a comment:

• version2

• version2
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery
    Make sure they check the Remember me Box before logging in.
    I have been recommending that. Some of them are reporting that this does nothing. They still do not get logged in.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    Make sure they check the Remember me Box before logging in.

Leave a comment:

• version2

• version2
    started a topic Members getting logged out.

Members getting logged out.

After the upgrade a LOT of my members are complaining about being logged out upoin returning to the site. And some folks cannot even log in. They go through the log in process and it shoots them right back to where they have to log on again.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X