Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have no ads, no google stuff at all and until a day ago we were running all stock templates and a clean install of 3.5.3.

i tweaked the navbar template with a second navbar plugin, but the problem was here long before that. I have a batch of users who get this often.. me peronsally? i have seen it on my machine, but it goes away after clearing cookies and im usually good for several days.

Comment

Originally posted by coinwash
      Oh yes yes did the sub domain-nada did not solve problem
      Thank you
      I said I would work more with you when I got back from a long planned weekend away and you said that is alright. Continually opening new tickets and creating forum posts on the subject actually makes it harder for us to help you. Each post and ticket contains different information but you expect us to know the intimate details of the situation in them which then requires hours of research everytime someone new gets involved. That causes delays in getting the issue solved.

You have not moved your advertisements to a sub-domain like I suggested to see if that was the cause. The link to your ads is:

www.coinwash.com/adsright/bannerclick.php?...
      www.coinwash.com/adsleft/bannerclick.php?...

A subdomain URL would appear like this: http://ads.coinwash.com/ and it would get its own cookie limit in Internet Explorer.

This morning I have set up a test on your server which auto-refreshes a vBulletin forum that requires a Premium User Login. It refreshes every 15 seconds. The style has no ads and is the default vBulletin style. I opened an Internet Explorer window for this test, since you state the error only occurs in IE and not Firefox (which points to a browser and cookie issue right there) and have been running it since 7:20 a.m. this morning. I sent you instructions on how to run this test on your own PC. I will run the test until Wednesday at 7:20 a.m. That will provide over 10,000 page views with the opportunity to get logged out.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by mferguson
        This appears to have resolved my issues and I've been testing with a cookie timeout of 60 seconds.

Hopefully this will be of some to others.
        Use? Help? Yes, it was. This solved my problem too. Thanks Mark!
        "The lurking suspicion that something could be simplified is the world's richest source of rewarding challenges"
        - Edsger Dijkstra

Comment

Prior to changing the navbar code to the visibility:hidden (see next quote) and after the 3.5.4 patch, when someone closed their browser, they would automatically get logged out.

When they attempted to login...it was a never ending loop -- says welcome and you are logged in and when going to the main page - user is logged out.

I then searched out to find if anyone else was having trouble and found this topic and applied this to the navbar:
          Originally posted by mferguson
          Look for:
          Code:
          <label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" tabindex="103" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" />$vbphrase[remember_me]</label>
          Change to:
          Code:
          <label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar">
          <input type="checkbox" style="visibility:hidden" name="cookieuser" value="1" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" checked="checked"><!--$vbphrase[remember_me]--></label>
          Now no one can logout - either by clicking the logout or closing browser. This is not specific to IE but Mozilla, AOL and Opera browsers too.

I did everything here:
          and did all this:
          The directions given to my users are to
          • Clear all cookies, using mycookies.php
          • delete all cache files
          • add our website to the trusted sites and set IE to accept all cookies from the site
          and I don't have adsense or any mod like it installed.

Any other suggestions to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
          url: http://www.LincolnParkForums.com

Comment

Did you use the 3.5.4 patch for 3.5.3 ? Then you ned to view the announcement.

Comment

Sorry this is my first post on here BUT :-

I purchased V Bulletin yesterday (UK 26/02/2006) and guess what !!!

I had 1600 phpbb members and migrated into VBulletin 3.5.4

(Here are the licenses we have on file for you:

********** -- vBulletin (Owned License); expires: Feb 26th '07)

I now have 7 AOL users all complaining of being "bounced off" as they log in !!!

It only appears to effect AOL users at this time !

H E L P !!!

p.s. did not have a logging on issue with phpbb at all

Comment

PLease start your own thread with all the relevant details.

We will provide you with as much support as humanly possibly, but theres no reason to use huge font

Comment

Originally posted by RS2000CUSTOM
                  Sorry this is my first post on here BUT :-

I purchased V Bulletin yesterday (UK 26/02/2006) and guess what !!!

I had 1600 phpbb members and migrated into VBulletin 3.5.4

(Here are the licenses we have on file for you:

********** -- vBulletin (Owned License); expires: Feb 26th '07)

I now have 7 AOL users all complaining of being "bounced off" as they log in !!!

It only appears to effect AOL users at this time !

H E L P !!!

p.s. did not have a logging on issue with phpbb at all

Boy I had a problem similar to this...

Yes or no

are you running ad's

If so what kind (phpadnew or what)

Comment

Okay. I'm having this problem as well (and to a rather formidible number of my admittedly small user base.)

This is very deeply hurting my organization's ability to maintain a member-base.

This thread, though 6 pages long, had provided no clear solution. This, in my oppinion, a software-side problem entirely. Noone that is having problems with my board has had any problems with any other message board. They are running AOL, IE, and FFox.

I'd create a support ticket but am heavily modded... Of course, this issue has been around since before the mods (though I originally paid it no mind.)

Great software, guys, but if this bug can't be fixed I can't rely on VB.

Comment

This thread is no longer a useful thread to troubleshoot specific problems.

Here's how to troubleshoot this:

Everyone who is having this problem should try re-enabling the Remember Me as the default. Here are the instructions to do this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156572
                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156577

If you still can confirm there is a problem after that, then the next step is to remove any hacks and disable your plugins, then see if you still have this problem.

If so, reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

If you can confirm this problem yourself on an unhacked forum and when clicking on Remember me, the fill out a support ticket support ticket at:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Be sure to include the login info to your Admin CP, phpMyAdmin and FTP. Please also include a complete description of the problem.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X