• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    coinwash

• coinwash
    replied
    The problem is being spoken about here too

Please this is a problem that has to be addressed.
    and patched.

I'm getting a lot of heat on my site.

Is there some one working on a FIX???

Leave a comment:

• kealoha

• kealoha
    replied
    This is also happening in the forum I just installed. I can't even get into the admincp!

Leave a comment:

• toastyalbus

• toastyalbus
    replied
    Me too.

Leave a comment:

• boro_boy

• boro_boy
    replied
    Originally posted by stroke25
    i think the ibulletin skin navbar login is whats causing me problems. How many of you use this skin?
    This is happenig to my members also.

Leave a comment:

• stroke25

• stroke25
    replied
    i think the ibulletin skin navbar login is whats causing me problems. How many of you use this skin?
    stroke25
    Last edited by stroke25; Sat 3 Dec '05, 5:18pm.

Leave a comment:

• stroke25

• stroke25
    replied
    I think it may have to do with the navbar log in for my case anyway..I have logged in using the "not logged in page" instead of the navbar login and i haven't been logged out yet..Going to wait another day then log out and try the nav bar one to see if thats where the problem is.

Leave a comment:

• mclark2112

• mclark2112
    replied
    I still have it, I'm so used to it, I think about if it was still happening. It is definitely an annoyance.

Leave a comment:

• stroke25

• stroke25
    replied
    I have 2 sites running 3.5 and one has the log out problem while the other one is fine. The sites have mods so i can't do a support ticket

Leave a comment:

• beernuts

• beernuts
    replied
    Any update to this common and annoying problem?

Leave a comment:

• descds

• descds
    replied
    Mmmm i don't this is is it as i have mine set to remember me and it still logs me out. The thing is its random and i can be logged in for 24 hours or more only to be logged out 3 or 4 times in an hour.

I've had it writing messages etc (very worrying and forcing me to use the back button to recover).

I'm sure something is amiss and i've even had it here on vbulletin.com.

Leave a comment:

• mferguson

• mferguson
    replied
    A possible solution...

I ran into the constant logging out of users issue after the upgrade largely because my users were forgetting to check the remember me box during login. To resolve this I edited the navbar template as follows:

Look for:
    Code:
    <label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" tabindex="103" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" />$vbphrase[remember_me]</label>
    Change to:
    Code:
    <label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar">
    <input type="checkbox" style="visibility:hidden" name="cookieuser" value="1" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" checked="checked"><!--$vbphrase[remember_me]--></label>
    Effectively I'm setting the checked to TRUE and hidding the field. In past versions of vB 3.0.X something similar was done in my templates but the type was set to "hidden". With vB 3.5 it appears that the input type is being checked somehow and therefore it wasn't being checked/set.

This appears to have resolved my issues and I've been testing with a cookie timeout of 60 seconds.

Hopefully this will be of some to others.

Mark

Leave a comment:

• beernuts

• beernuts
    replied
    Originally posted by kevinrstruck
    I am also having this problem as well. I created a completely new form to test the 3.5 version before upgrading. This is a brand new forum install.

I only have a couple people testing, but all of them are saying the same exact thing, they log on, system says it is successful, they return to the homepage and are logged out.

In fact, I can not log in either, as it happens to me as well. To boot, I also re-imaged my laptop and had no cookies at all in IE and it still happens.
    Have you submitted a support ticket yet?

Leave a comment:

• descds

• descds
    replied
    Originally posted by kevinrstruck
    I should clarify a few things, and I need to make sure of something.

1. My new install of 3.5 is siting on the same domain as my production forum, except in a differnet directory.

Production: http://www.thephotostation.net/forums/
    Beta: http://redrock.thephotostation.net/

In my adamin options on the beta forum I have:

1. Path to Save Cookies: /
    2. Cookie Domain: (blank)

Do any of these values need to be changed?

I had my test users create new accounts to access the beta forum since it is a new database.
    Same settings i have although my forum is in /forum/

Leave a comment:

• kevinrstruck

• kevinrstruck
    replied
    I should clarify a few things, and I need to make sure of something.

1. My new install of 3.5 is siting on the same domain as my production forum, except in a differnet directory.

Production: http://www.thephotostation.net/forums/
    Beta: http://redrock.thephotostation.net/

In my adamin options on the beta forum I have:

1. Path to Save Cookies: /
    2. Cookie Domain: (blank)

Do any of these values need to be changed?

I had my test users create new accounts to access the beta forum since it is a new database.

Leave a comment:

• Yvonne

• Yvonne
    replied
    me too

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X