• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Coinwash, please follow-up on your support ticket with Colin. Last I checked he could not duplicate these problems on your forums which means the issue is elsewhere. At any rate, that's where you need to follow-up on this.

Everyone else who is having this problem should try re-enabling the Remember Me as the default. Here are the instructions to do this:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156572
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156577

FWIW to date we have not been able to duplicate this problem with an account that does click on the 'Remember me' when logging in.

If you can duplicate this problem under those circumstances and when using the original vB files and templates, then fill out a support ticket here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Leave a comment:

• HKAndrew

• HKAndrew
    replied
    I am having the same issues, and affects most members so of the time. It is especially annoying when trying to post.

Leave a comment:

• Exitilus

• Exitilus
    replied
    Hrmm i'm having a similar issue though it only seems like some of my members. Some will be in a constant re-log. they login ... then it comes back to asking them to log in. Others will click remember me and it never remembers them.

Leave a comment:

• coinwash

• coinwash
    replied
    This is NOT WORKING either

Houston we have a problem

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by Glen C
    i got this feedback from a user (who cleared cookies, etc.)...

>> i cannot logon to save my life. whenever i try to reply to a forum or whatever, or even just sign in on the mainpage, after i try entering my password, i get brought right back to a logon screen. it's an endless loop. i never had this issue but it has been happening all day long.

next day...

> after sooooo many more attempts today i think it is finally working! when i logged on i quickly clicked on RESUME or BACK TO FORUM instead of letting it take me there automatically after 5 seconds. just wanted to let you know. i think all is good for now. i have never seen that on the site.
    1 dollar says they were at domain.com instead of www.domain.com

Leave a comment:

• Glen C

• Glen C
    replied
    i got this feedback from a user (who cleared cookies, etc.)...

>> i cannot logon to save my life. whenever i try to reply to a forum or whatever, or even just sign in on the mainpage, after i try entering my password, i get brought right back to a logon screen. it's an endless loop. i never had this issue but it has been happening all day long.

next day...

> after sooooo many more attempts today i think it is finally working! when i logged on i quickly clicked on RESUME or BACK TO FORUM instead of letting it take me there automatically after 5 seconds. just wanted to let you know. i think all is good for now. i have never seen that on the site.

Leave a comment:

• docvader

• docvader
    replied
    I've been using VB for a few years now, and I've never had this random log out problem until after upgrading to version 3.52. Many of my users are complaining about it, regardless of the browser that they are using. Also, my navbar has been set to automatically check the "remember me" box.

This is an issue, and it's not related to hacks that I've installed. It was happening with my fresh 3.52 upgrade, before I added hacks.

Leave a comment:

• tfederman

• tfederman
    replied
    I'm having this problem, too. All users can log in, but I get complaints about random logouts. My QA department has verified that a session will at times end even if "remember me" is checked upon login.

Leave a comment:

• Omega Prime

• Omega Prime
    replied
    I must admit that I've also had this issue after upgrading to vB3.5+. Before upgrading, there wasn't a single login issue, but I noticed after I upgraded things in September that more and more members can't login. I've checked the cookie paths and have advised members to clear their cookies/cache and I still get frequent emails from members saying they can't login. My "currently active users" area used to show 120+ members and 30+ guests online, but now it's the complete opposite (i.e. 30 or so members and 120+ guests) most days and I really can't see what's going on to cause this issue.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    It is happening specificly to you and you've gone though all of the steps?

Leave a comment:

• Glen C

• Glen C
    replied
    bump... happening on my board after moving to 3.5x this week from 3.0x. Opera, IE, whatever.

never reported to me before.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by coinwash
    Why is it that programmers alway say "user error" all the time. NOT NOW !!

There is a problem like I said in the other thread there are way to many members have this problem.

Please look into this

Thank you
    We've looked into it, and 99% of the time it was a user issue.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    As I said previously if yyou insist that this is a bug, please report it in the 3.5 Bug Tracker. It doesn't do much good to tell us to fix this in this thread.

By the way, have you confirmed any of these problems on an unhacked test forum?

Leave a comment:

• coinwash

• coinwash
    replied
    Why is it that programmers alway say "user error" all the time. NOT NOW !!

There is a problem like I said in the other thread there are way to many members have this problem.

Please look into this

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    There is no problem aside from user error, The fix is to ensure that you do not have multiple / corruputed cookies.

To ensure that your cookie settings (in the vB options) and in the config.php are correct.

If they are, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X