• EdQ
    replied
    Opps I hit enter too soon.

Yes I am using phpadsnew

Leave a comment:

• coinwash

• coinwash
    replied
    your joking RRRRRight or you just didn't read the posts????

are you using phpAd New????

not only PhP which you answered.

Leave a comment:

• EdQ

• EdQ
    replied
    Originally posted by coinwash
    Is anyone else using phpAds having the same problem.

Everyone one is blaming everyone and ALL I want is a FIX????

Oh yes yes did the sub domain-nada did not solve problem
    Thank you
    I am using phpadsnew
    EdQ
    Last edited by EdQ; Sat 28 Jan '06, 5:35pm.

Leave a comment:

• coinwash

• coinwash
    replied
    it only happens in Internet Explorer it comes to a cookie limit issue. The issue seems to be caused by a combination of vBulletin and phpAds both trying to write cookies. to the browser. vBulletin writes 5 cookies: bbuserid, bbpassword, bblastactivity, bblastvisit, bbsessionid. It used to write a sixth for read post tracking but I turned that off for you. The five remaining cookies are needed by the system. If bbuserid or bbpassword is missing from the user's machine they will be logged out.

At this point, simplifying the cookies on your site seems to be the only option. This can be done by creating sub-domains (i.e. ads.coinwash.com or forums.coinwash.com) and trying to separate the cookies or if phpAds has an option to use a single cookie instead of a cookie for each adblock.

The people who made it would be the ones who would be able to answer that. I am completely unfamiliar with the current version of phpAds and have not used it for over 3 years, otherwise I could make recommendations.

If you want, I can look into this further next week. However asking the guys that made phpAds might help faster. I will be out of town for the weekend.

All the best,
    -----------
    vBulletin Sales and Support
    Is anyone else using phpAds having the same problem.

Everyone one is blaming everyone and ALL I want is a FIX????

Oh yes yes did the sub domain-nada did not solve problem
    Thank you
    coinwash
    Last edited by coinwash; Sat 28 Jan '06, 5:09pm.

Leave a comment:

• coinwash

• coinwash
    replied
    All I want is a fix how to STOP it please and I will pass it on to my host. Everyone is blaming everyone else and all I want and the others is a FIX "please"

This is a BIG problem and is making members very mad.

This is not the blame game but a have to fix problem.

We need a fix Please not who's right and who's wrong.

This is making the board look real bad

Thank you for your time...
    NUTS we rebuilt the templates for the last few days and it did not work???

this is costing me TIME and MONEY!!!!

If I was the only one then maybe I could swallow it.

hours of work and not working????

not a happy customer here Sir not at all

We changed nothing(except rebuild the template) for all this time the only thing we did was your updates
    everything was working GREAT!!!
    I have better thing to do then to have a heart attack over my business.
    this isn't right...

I think this all goes back to the "REMEBER ME" problem.
    That's when all this began

GO to Search and drop in "Staying logged in" gee wezzzzzzzzzz check this problem out
    coinwash
    Last edited by coinwash; Sun 22 Jan '06, 11:35pm.

Leave a comment:

• petercom

• petercom
    replied
    problem solved

Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Please read post #57 in this thread.
    I had problems with just a few members on my 3.5.3 system and these were cured by:

1. altering the navbar template to make sure Remember Me was ticked by default

2. Asking users to delete cookies and log in afterwards

Turns out that these two steps cured their problems (one of the users admitted that he thought the Remember Me box just remembered his password and was not aware that it kept him logged in past the temporary cookie timeout period).

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    Former Customer Support Manager

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please read post #57 in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• bbqchef33

• bbqchef33
    replied
    I'm having the problem on my site with a large batch of users since upgrading. We are not running any hacks and have a simple tweak to postbit to not display post count under the members name in the post. All else is vanilla.

Leave a comment:

• superbunny

• superbunny
    replied
    disable ajax seem to help out with the problem

Leave a comment:

• EdQ

• EdQ
    replied
    I uploaded the Php files again. And so far I have not experienced the problem again. The users on the other hand still are.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Please find the problem it is happening. Your the pro's
    Can you duplicate this problem with your plugins disabled and with the original vB files and templates? That is the next step you need to take to troubleshoot this.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    Former vBulletin Support

• Zachery
    replied
    Are you expircing the problem? Are you positive that they are checking remember me before they are logging in?
    Are you sure that thaty are vising the right doimain name? www.domain.com and not domain.com ?

Leave a comment:

• coinwash

• coinwash
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve Machol
    Yes, many people are having this problem - in fact ever since we changed the default for 'Remember me' to be unchecked. And so far EVERY instance we have been able to verify has been due to either installed hacks or and/or members not clicking on the 'Remember me' box when logging in.

Note: You have both hacks and modified templates, either of which could be causing these issues.

We ARE looking at this problem seriously but to date we have not been able to duplicate this problem with an account that does click on the 'Remember me' when logging in and on a forum that is using the original vB files and templates. No one has been able to provide us with info to duplicate this problem under these circumstances.

If you or anyone can duplicate this problem with an account that clicks on 'Remember me' and with the original vB files and templates, then please fill out a support ticket here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

This is to much now guys it hurting my business now
    Here is a members email to me.

Please find the problem it is happening. Your the pro's

I keep getting logged of the the forum automatically as I view different threads. I am using IE 6 w/SP2. I've deleted cookies and files. Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dave

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol

• Steve Machol
    replied
    Yes, many people are having this problem - in fact ever since we changed the default for 'Remember me' to be unchecked. And so far EVERY instance we have been able to verify has been due to either installed hacks or and/or members not clicking on the 'Remember me' box when logging in.

Note: You have both hacks and modified templates, either of which could be causing these issues.

We ARE looking at this problem seriously but to date we have not been able to duplicate this problem with an account that does click on the 'Remember me' when logging in and on a forum that is using the original vB files and templates. No one has been able to provide us with info to duplicate this problem under these circumstances.

If you or anyone can duplicate this problem with an account that clicks on 'Remember me' and with the original vB files and templates, then please fill out a support ticket here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/members...ontactform.php

Leave a comment:

• coinwash

• coinwash
    replied
    Mr. Steve Machol I'm not trying to make things difficult but through this forum there are many members having the same problem.
    If we take all of them and consolidate them together you will see a pattern.
    This is not a phatom problem

Go to my site and read this please and it is happening to me to
    thread "Not as easy as before"
    http://www.coinwash.com/mb/showthread.php?t=5473

all I want is to more on

I know you all work very hard too

Thank you
    coinwash
    Last edited by coinwash; Tue 17 Jan '06, 9:18pm.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X