Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's started doing it to me now too, because I had to clear my cookies because of some other problem.

It's even doing it to me here on vbulletin.com

Comment

Really sounds like and issue on your end, I've not had any problem here.

Comment

I've had a few dozen users complain of this as well. I assumed it was a problem with the subdreamer add on I had.

Comment

Same issue on my forum.
          http://giftedsouls.net
          Webdesigner

Comment

Same issue on my board aswell I am going to revert all templates and re'upload all original vBulletin .PHP file as suggested by Steve Machol and see if this make any difference....

Comment

I started with a plain jane forum when I upgraded to 3.5 and it was doing it.
              version2 aka mol

Mystic Wicks Online Pagan Community Forums
              Mystic Wicks After Dark

Comment

I hate to add to the fray but im getting the very same issues and even having it here on vbulletin.com now Seemed fine until v3.5 so im starting to wonder if this is the cause ?

Comment

Same problem on one of my VB sites, and it's happening to a lot of my users as well. Strangely, I am not having this problem on the other VB site I run. The two sites are virtually identical as far as layout and template changes. The only difference is that the site that I am having the problem on has a theme that I created and used a few months ago (but am not currently using).

Comment

I'm having the same problem. Many of my users are having the same problem (in IE as well).

-V

Comment

I am also having this problem as well. I created a completely new form to test the 3.5 version before upgrading. This is a brand new forum install.

I only have a couple people testing, but all of them are saying the same exact thing, they log on, system says it is successful, they return to the homepage and are logged out.

In fact, I can not log in either, as it happens to me as well. To boot, I also re-imaged my laptop and had no cookies at all in IE and it still happens.

Comment

me too

Comment

I should clarify a few things, and I need to make sure of something.

1. My new install of 3.5 is siting on the same domain as my production forum, except in a differnet directory.

Production: http://www.thephotostation.net/forums/
                          Beta: http://redrock.thephotostation.net/

In my adamin options on the beta forum I have:

1. Path to Save Cookies: /
                          2. Cookie Domain: (blank)

Do any of these values need to be changed?

I had my test users create new accounts to access the beta forum since it is a new database.

Comment

Originally posted by kevinrstruck
                            I should clarify a few things, and I need to make sure of something.

1. My new install of 3.5 is siting on the same domain as my production forum, except in a differnet directory.

Production: http://www.thephotostation.net/forums/
                            Beta: http://redrock.thephotostation.net/

In my adamin options on the beta forum I have:

1. Path to Save Cookies: /
                            2. Cookie Domain: (blank)

Do any of these values need to be changed?

I had my test users create new accounts to access the beta forum since it is a new database.
                            Same settings i have although my forum is in /forum/

Comment

Originally posted by kevinrstruck
                              I am also having this problem as well. I created a completely new form to test the 3.5 version before upgrading. This is a brand new forum install.

I only have a couple people testing, but all of them are saying the same exact thing, they log on, system says it is successful, they return to the homepage and are logged out.

In fact, I can not log in either, as it happens to me as well. To boot, I also re-imaged my laptop and had no cookies at all in IE and it still happens.
                              Have you submitted a support ticket yet?

Comment

A possible solution...

I ran into the constant logging out of users issue after the upgrade largely because my users were forgetting to check the remember me box during login. To resolve this I edited the navbar template as follows:

Look for:
                                Code:
                                <label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar"><input type="checkbox" name="cookieuser" value="1" tabindex="103" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" accesskey="c" />$vbphrase[remember_me]</label>
                                Change to:
                                Code:
                                <label for="cb_cookieuser_navbar">
                                <input type="checkbox" style="visibility:hidden" name="cookieuser" value="1" id="cb_cookieuser_navbar" checked="checked"><!--$vbphrase[remember_me]--></label>
                                Effectively I'm setting the checked to TRUE and hidding the field. In past versions of vB 3.0.X something similar was done in my templates but the type was set to "hidden". With vB 3.5 it appears that the input type is being checked somehow and therefore it wasn't being checked/set.

This appears to have resolved my issues and I've been testing with a cookie timeout of 60 seconds.

Hopefully this will be of some to others.

Mark
                                Drive Thru Online vBulletin Plugins | PureSportsCar.com | GearHeadApps.com - iPhone and iPad App Reviews for the Motoring Enthusiast

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X