Safari users logging in problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safari users logging in problems

OK, Let me try to explain this problem one of my users is having. He has a Mac (his problem) but he is using Safari on his Mac. When he types in my site URL it adds the following onto the URL after he hits enter: "/profile.php" after it adds this it gives him a 404 Screen.

It does not end there. When he goes back to the address bar and erases /profile.php and clicks enter then it works.

I though it was his cookies. I sent him to my cookies clearing script that I got from this site and that did not cure the problem. So he turn block cookies on in his Safari and every time he tries to log into my site he gets a 404 Screen.

Has anyone else had a Mac user have this problem or does someone no how my user or I can fix this so that Mac users with Safari can access my site?

Working fine. (I've got a mac mini and use it for browsing with safari on my forums all the time)

Sounds like you are using a custom hack or etc and its trying to redirect them to profile.php in a folder that it doesn't exsist in. Its trying to update a setting and it requires profile.php...

Comment

Zachery

The only hacks I have in this site are CMPS and vB_Links. I had some changes I did to a couple of templates from vB 3.0 era but I just went in a minute ago and reverted them. I will have the user try it again and see what happens.

Comment

Originally posted by attroll
        When he goes back to the address bar and erases /profile.php and clicks enter then it works.
        It's just Safari remembering his history. If he selects History > Clear history, the annoying auto-enter will stop until he builds up a new history. As long as he doesn't make any new typos in the address, he'll get your forum correctly in the future.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X