Split Thread?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Split Thread?

I can't seem to find the "split thread" tool in VB 3.5. Am I just overlooking it, or has it been removed? I guess I can accomplish the same thing by copying the thread and then selectively deleting, but "split thread" sure is a lot easier.

If you have popups enabled, there will be a Thread Tools menu at the top of the thread page. Otherwise the menu will be at the bottom.

Comment

Using inline moderation, check the posts you want to move, then using the Moderation options at the bottom of the thread, choose 'Move posts'.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Oops, I was thinking 3.0.x.

Comment

how does this work when you want to split posts but the thread is displayed on more than one page and I want to split some posts from page one and some posts from page 2 at the same time into a new thread?
          excuse my ignorance, its been a long day and its probably starting me in the face.
          Last edited by scotsmist; Wed 2 Nov '05, 9:07am.
          vbPortal Developer

Comment

They stay selected across multiple pages.

Comment

thankyou Jake.
              vbPortal Developer

Comment

What if I have a thread that's 90 pages?! (which is the case right now) I have to click each page and click "Select All" this takes forever...the old split function was more practical.

Or maybe I'm doing this the hard way, basically I'm trying to split a thread that has 500 posts (90 pages), I just want to split the 499 posts from the first one. I see a "Deselect All Posts" option, is there a "Select All Posts" (that doesn't just do it for one page)

Comment

Click on the button at the upper right corner of the thread to 'Select All' posts, then uncheck the one you don't want to move.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                    Click on the button at the upper right corner of the thread to 'Select All' posts, then uncheck the one you don't want to move.
                    But that only selects all the posts on the page you're currently looking at. I want it to select ALL the posts across 90+ pages without having to click each page.

Comment

Ahhh, you're right. Maybe you should just move the one post and leave the 499 where they are.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        Ahhh, you're right. Maybe you should just move the one post and leave the 499 where they are.
                        yeah I thought of that, but the reason I wanted to move the 499 was so the first post can keep the original thread id, since I have alot of places that links to that thread. I guess I can change it in the db, but it's just troublesome.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X