Make Thead Visible To Only Certain Members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make Thead Visible To Only Certain Members

I'd like a way to have a series of threads, and each one visible only to a certain member as well as the staff.

The idea is to post comments to that member that the rest can't see, but that he can see and reply to and the staff can respond.

There would be quite a few threads in the category. I'd like them to be hidden, but be able to send the member the url so he can view the thread.

Is this possible?

Originally posted by RHarbison
    I'd like a way to have a series of threads, and each one visible only to a certain member as well as the staff.

The idea is to post comments to that member that the rest can't see, but that he can see and reply to and the staff can respond.

There would be quite a few threads in the category. I'd like them to be hidden, but be able to send the member the url so he can view the thread.

Is this possible?
    I find it easier to create a new forum. Then work your permissions...

Need more help or does this answer your question?
    ProperMethodz
    www.7hmgaming.com
    My site was given to me... please hold my hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ProperMethodz
      I find it easier to create a new forum. Then work your permissions...
      Need more help or does this answer your question?
      I don't think I can do it that way....

Here's what I'm doing. I have a forum where folks submit photo essays, the the staff reviews and comments on them.

There could easily be 20 or more of them under discussion at one time.

So, I'd like 20 threads, "Bill's Photos" "John's Photos" "Ralph's Photos" etc.

Only Bill and staff can see the first one. John and staff the second etc.

That way John doesn't see us telling Bill "Dude, your photos suck!" but Bill can, and can reply and the staff will see his comments etc.

Comment

You can set group a (being the registered group lets say) to only be able to see their own threads. You can set staff (all staff groups ) to be able to see everyones posts, in a single forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
          You can set group a (being the registered group lets say) to only be able to see their own threads. You can set staff (all staff groups ) to be able to see everyones posts, in a single forum.
          That's it, that will work perfectly! (I had overlooked the "can view other's posts" option)

Man, I love this place...

Comment

Consider a Photo Gallery like vbadvanced gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by feldon23
              Consider a Photo Gallery like vbadvanced gallery.
              I use Photopost, and it works great.

However, the goal here is to have photo essays, like magazine articles, where the photos are presented in a specific sequence and with text accompanying them.

VB is much better for that than a gallery application. I wish they had a way to place attachments anywhere in the text, rather than just at the end, but other than that, it's excellent for this purpose.

Comment

As of vBulletin 3.5 you can use the [attach] bbcode to display attachments in the post itself.
                Best Regards
                Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F
                  As of vBulletin 3.5 you can use the [attach] bbcode to display attachments in the post itself.
                  Tell me a bit more about that please!

Comment

See this link: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/misc....=bbcode#attach
                    Best Regards
                    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Great, thank you!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X