Time Issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Issue?

I noticed this on my forums, as it appears to be on these as well.

It says
    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 5:46pm.
    I have it set to -5 in my profile and -5 in my admin panel as the default time zone. The time is correct, but the GMT -4 isn't.

Anyone else notice this?

yeah i noticed that too. the time zone for my country is GMT +2, but the time is displayed correctly on the forum if i use GMT +3

i don't know why it's like this.
    anyone who can help us out?

Comment

Originally posted by ciocsy
      yeah i noticed that too. the time zone for my country is GMT +2, but the time is displayed correctly on the forum if i use GMT +3

i don't know why it's like this.
      anyone who can help us out?
      Glad to see I'm not the only one, maybe this is a bug that puts the time zone off by one GMT

Comment

look, this forum is also using GMT +3
        if i'm not wrong in GMT +3 the time right now must be 3:20 AM but it's 2:20 AM

maybe it's a bug, or maybe we are wrong with something

Comment

Originally posted by ciocsy
          look, this forum is also using GMT +3
          if i'm not wrong in GMT +3 the time right now must be 3:20 AM but it's 2:20 AM

maybe it's a bug, or maybe we are wrong with something
          This forum as well as mine uses the time that the user sets, it is showing up as GM -4 on this forum, and the time is correct, but with the time shown here is should say GM -5 as it does in my profile.

Comment

Same here.

My time is 7:30 a.m. GMT -8
            Forum shows 2:46 a.m GMT -7

All settings set properly. Bug?

Comment

I can't seem to get it to display my time properly by selecting any of the neighbor timezone either.

Comment

My time should be GMT -7 (mountain time Canada)....however the only way I got it to work was to set in the admin panel to -7 and where it says enable daylight savings select NO. Then the forum displays GMT -6 but the time is actually correct, that of GMT -7.....so I think there is something goofy with the daylight savings.

Comment

Fixed. Problem was on provider side. They forgot to put some script into cronjob folder (I really don't know what is it, but now everything works fine)

Comment

I'm having trouble too. And the server time cannot be changed.

Comment

Is there any solution?
                      I can't seem to get the time right.

Comment

You need to set the timezone and DST settings in the Admin CP to match the timezone of the server your forums are running on. Then each user needs to set their local timezones/DST in the User CP.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X