Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moved domains

Hi,

I've got a new install of 3.5. After I set up the forums and put in a couple of announcement posts, I decided to move to a different domain.

Both domains are on the same server. I just moved all the files to a different website directory and changed the location variable in config.php.

However, now when I try to login as admin I keep getting bounced back to the login page - I never get in to the control panel.

(yes, I've updated my license here).

Have I missed updating something? Can I do this without reinstalling everything?

When moving a domain you don't have to change anything in the config.php panel (except for the MySQL details if they changed).

What location variable did you change? Forumpath? Does your setup require a forumpath to be set?

Anyway, upload the tools.php file from the do_not_upload/ folder to your admincp/ and run it from the browser. Reset the cookie settings and then you should be able to login to the admincp/ directory again. Once done, remove the tools.php file from the server.

Comment

Yes, I changed the forum path.

I uploaded tools.php and got a blank screen. That doesn't seem good .

I then deleted all my cookies, closed browser and reopened.

Same problem. I can log in to the forum, then click on admin at bottom of screen, then login again. It says that I've logged in and is redirecting me, but then takes me back to the admin login screen.

It strikes me that it's cookie based or similiar. I checked, and no cookies are being set (I checked right after I tried to login). It is giving me a session id in the URL though.

Comment

Another point, I just rebooted my desktop out of linux and into windows (basically a completely seperate computer) and I get the same response. This would lead me to believe I've done something funky on the server end from the install, and that it's not something in my cookies or whatever, on my desktop.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X