X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    As the 'test' was 100% ..

I suggest to remove the test, close the live forum, make a backup and a normal upgrade. If that fails, revert to the backup and try again. If it works you can just open the forum again.

If you want to close the forum, backup and make a new one with new database in forums/ and then upgrade, then don't open the live forum in forum/ just yet. After things are completed, in the forums/ one update the site url settings to point to forum/ again and then remove the forum/ dir and database and rename the forums/ dir to forum/

Leave a comment:

• glock22
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    I am sorry, but I think you need to clear one thing up for me before we continue.

You have live version in forum/ pointing to a database.
    You have a test version in forums/ pointing to the same database? Or a new database?
    yes, the test version is pointing at a new database that was created. I basically, made a copy of the current database, and upgraded from there... I know the testing forum database is not the most current since people are still posting on the live one, but once I figure out how to rename the testing forum... I can close my forum for 30 minutes, upgrade again and so on... Then rename etc...

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I am sorry, but I think you need to clear one thing up for me before we continue.

You have live version in forum/ pointing to a database.
    You have a test version in forums/ pointing to the same database? Or a new database?

Leave a comment:

• glock22
    started a topic How do I rename default forum folder

How do I rename default forum folder

Here's the deal.

I am running 3.0.6 and I want to upgrade to 3.5.0.

My forum in at /forum folder

I installed a clean install of 3.5.0 to /forums , installed and upgraded the current database to 3.5.0/// All that went well...

Basically the forums folder is the testing forum before I do the real upgrade to the forum folder...

Of course, if I delete the folder named forum and rename forums to forum , it not going to work because the database is synced etc...

WHAT DO I NEED TO CHANGE IN ORDER TO BE ABLE TO RENAME THE DEFAULT FOLDER NAME? Probably the config.php file and something else...

ANy help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nikos
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X