Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embed + Html Need Help Asap

Hello,

Before upgrading to vB 3.5.0 I was able to use HTML as an administrator. In peticular embed.

I have sponsors who are upset that their banners aren't being displayed through the site.

What is the option to allow this? I've checked just about everywhere and can't seem to find where it is to enable this. The site has blocked the <embed> function even if I enable HTML.
    ProperMethodz
    www.7hmgaming.com
    My site was given to me... please hold my hand.

bump?
    ProperMethodz
    www.7hmgaming.com

Comment

Where are you trying to use this code?

Why not just put it into the templates?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
        Where are you trying to use this code?

Why not just put it into the templates?
        I don't know how to.

I have created a "news" section on my site which administrators only can post in. This is what effects the home page. But since the upgrade I can no longer post HTML. This has also effected vbaCMPS. This is not a hack thing, it's a VB thing which I can't find the option. I can post the HTML but I can't embed .swf.
        ProperMethodz
        www.7hmgaming.com

Comment

Originally posted by ProperMethodz
          I don't know how to.

I have created a "news" section on my site which administrators only can post in. This is what effects the home page. But since the upgrade I can no longer post HTML. This has also effected vbaCMPS. This is not a hack thing, it's a VB thing which I can't find the option. I can post the HTML but I can't embed .swf.
          Make a swf flash bbcode?

Comment

Originally posted by Zachery
            Make a swf flash bbcode?
            I think it has something to do with accepted extensions. If that is possible.
            Also... I remember seeing a thread about that somewhere.

If not would you mind telling me how it's done?
            ProperMethodz
            www.7hmgaming.com

Comment

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=92250

Fixed width.. but you can change that.

Comment

I don't know if in 3.0 you could have HTML only available to admins, if you had that it was probably through a source code modification.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                  I don't know if in 3.0 you could have HTML only available to admins, if you had that it was probably through a source code modification.
                  No you can't. But, what I did do was allow for a forum which admins only can create threads in because it was a news forum which listed for the home page.

Zachary,

I've had two people look at my site. I don't know what is blocking <embed> but we've tried two seperate bb codes.

None of it is working. I seriously think there is "Something" blocking .swf which is new to 3.5.

bump
                  Last edited by Zachery; Thu 13 Oct '05, 12:19pm.
                  ProperMethodz
                  www.7hmgaming.com

Comment

Zachary.

I understand that you would like me to go to that other thread and post something. That or you'd like me to leave this thread alone, for you edit my bumps.

I'm having a unique issue which is seperate from the "add a bbcode" fix. My site is not allowing for flash to run at all.

There is a problem which I'm sure you are far more qualified to understand.

Is there an area in the AdminCP which you can allow/deny file extension to work? A no would be a sufficient answer to this.

What would be another possible reason why .swf files would not work with vBulletin?
                    ProperMethodz
                    www.7hmgaming.com

Comment

OK... I found the problem with my site.

When I create a post or edit one, it adds a space in for some reason. It's been doing this all over my site.

Example: http://www.7hmgaming.com/forum/showt...9395#post49395

Look carefully.

It seems to only do this when using a local URL.

Now... How do I fix that?
                      Last edited by ProperMethodz; Thu 13 Oct '05, 5:18pm.
                      ProperMethodz
                      www.7hmgaming.com

Comment

The FIX

The problems I was having had to do with a space which the board was creating after 15 characters.

I didn't notice this until I saw that there was a post with a lot of characters in a row..
                        i.e. not working! GERRRRRRMADFACEGRRR

It looked like this:
                        not working! GERRRRRRMADFAC EGRRR

the issue was corrected by going to AdminCP>vBulletin Options> Thread Display Options (showthread) > Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text <--- set this number to a number which you think URLS will stay under.

Problem solved : ) thanks vB for the help... Seriously they were in contact with me via e-mail. Granted they had no clue either (not their fault... my dumbass had it set to 15).
                        Last edited by ProperMethodz; Thu 13 Oct '05, 10:50pm.
                        ProperMethodz
                        www.7hmgaming.com

Comment

Originally posted by ProperMethodz View Post
                          The FIX

The problems I was having had to do with a space which the board was creating after 15 characters.

I didn't notice this until I saw that there was a post with a lot of characters in a row..
                          i.e. not working! GERRRRRRMADFACEGRRR

It looked like this:
                          not working! GERRRRRRMADFAC EGRRR

the issue was corrected by going to AdminCP>vBulletin Options> Thread Display Options (showthread) > Number of Characters Before Wrapping Text <--- set this number to a number which you think URLS will stay under.

Problem solved : ) thanks vB for the help... Seriously they were in contact with me via e-mail. Granted they had no clue either (not their fault... my dumbass had it set to 15).
                          YAY!!!! Thanks so much, so simple but soooo important !!! Great!!!
                          And I was asking myself for almost a week "what the hell is wrong with all that embed codes in threads, works fine in preview but when its posted then the code doesnt work!"

THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!!!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X