No announcement yet.

Firefox: Remember me, admincp, cookies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox: Remember me, admincp, cookies?

I'm having two problems, only in Firefox. Note, I've searched/read the related threads, the advice therein did not solve the problem.

1) Clicking the "remember me" checkbox doesn't work. Meaning, the next time I visit the site, I'm not automatically logged in.

2) When I login to the AdminCP, I'm continually redirected to the login page.

I know these are supposedly problems with cookies. I've uploaded tools.php, and reset the cookie domain and cookie path to defaults.

I've also checked that the cookie prefix in config.php is "bb". I don't recall ever customizing any of these settings during install.

I'm also not running any extensions in Firefox. Besides, Firefox doesn't have this problem with other vBulletin boards, such as this one, so I'm reasonably certain my browser isn't the issue.

Thomas D. Greer
    Thomas D. Greer
    www.tgreer.com/printforum

As a follow-up, another difference I notice: with FireFox, the querystring always contains another long variable, s={long string}. I assume this is a session id, because cookies are failing?

...and that, indeed, is a pretty good clue. I checked the "Exceptions" in Firefox's Options/Privacy/Cookies, and sure enough, somehow I was blocking my own domain from setting cookies.

Not a VB problem at all.
    Thomas D. Greer
    www.tgreer.com/printforum

Comment

I've notcied this as well. I've also received numerous complaints from my members who use Firefox stating that the smilies and wysiwig buttons are non-functional for them. I'm using Firefox, (latest version), and I'm not having a problem with them.

Can anyone advise?
      Rob

Comment

Working...
      X