Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• techxpert
    replied
    Thanks problem is solved.I revert back to 3.5 templates and apply my hack again.Very tired Job but you have to this with VB I guess. ( :-

Leave a comment:

• techxpert
    replied
    Yes,I compare templates I think which can be responsible.
    The Quick reply button is shown but the Editor below that is nowhere to find.
    Not sure if this has to be enabled somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Have you tried the compare feature?

You can revert the template and reapply your changes.

I've been running vB since 3.0.1~ on my main site and upgraded to 3.5.x without much issue and reappling changes was much easier.

Leave a comment:

• techxpert
    replied
    I try to debug this and find in SHOWTHREAD TEMPLATE the $quickreply variable is not getting any value.
    any idea what to see next to correect this?

Leave a comment:

• techxpert
    replied
    someone cal tell us which templates are responsible for Quick Reply box to appear.Hopefully if VB team can tell us this webmasters like me can compare our templates with dafaults.
    Reverting back to default templates can not be an option for any of us who are running VB for last 2 years and more.Please help

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    No one forced you to upgrade, and we always advice BACKUPS before doing ANY upgrades or database work... and there is good reason for this.

PLugins don't go away, neither do template modifications, but some might need to be changed /reverted.

Leave a comment:

• Marc Smith
    replied
    Whatever. When I did the 3.x to 3.5 upgrade I essentially 'zeroed' everything out. Not a big deal. Then I put in hacks I had. Almost all had already been updated.

Well, bottom line to me is the update / upgrade wasn't a big deal.

You know - You Do NOT HAVE to upgrade. Look at the Overgrow forum... If what you have works, why worry about upgrading?

Leave a comment:

• Jesse Jericho
    replied
    Originally posted by Marc Smith
    3.5 templates are 'built in'. Check for changed templates first (and hopefully you'll have a list of mods you've done to your board) so you know what templates you've customized.

Go to styles. Make a new style with No Parent - Name it whatever you want. Delete all styles you had except the new one you just made. That puts you at 'ground zero' with all 3.5 templates just like in a new install. Leave that as your 'Base' style.

Make a child style and start customizing, inserting mods, etc. in it.

Now - If you've done a lot of mods / hacks and didn't list them or otherwise track them, then you'll have some work to do.
    Is that just "the way it is" when you upgrade vB? If so, that is just ridiculous, and unacceptable for a product that you actually have to pay for... The plugins I had installed, the tweaks I had done to my templates, and I just have to hope that I remember what I did in the hours I spent working on it? Come on! I'm really disappointed here, wish I didn't upgrade at all..

Leave a comment:

• Marc Smith
    replied
    This may be a bit much, but one fellow on my forum complained for about two weeks. Finally... He said he completely uninstalled Firefox, rebooted, reinstalled Firefox and things started working. I don't believe it's a Firefox issue - I think that person just had things screwed up on his computer in some way.

Leave a comment:

• waterwheel
    replied
    My quick reply is acting a little funny. The editor buttons aren't working (I've done a reload) and the little quick reply button next to the quote button in the post isn't showing up. I'm not sure what to do to fix this little problem.

Leave a comment:

• Aylwin
    replied
    Same problem here. Quick Reply is set to "Yes - Click Required". All templates are up-to-date. I'm using the default style but I've created a new one just in case. I've emptied the cache and restarted the browser for both Firefox and IE.

Still, the Quick Reply box doesn't show. Is there anything else I can check?

Leave a comment:

• Bannerhangout
    replied
    Thanks, worked like a charm

Leave a comment:

• Satana666
    replied
    hy I've updated my board but my quickreply box don't showing up?
    How can I do, I've only default style and quickreply is already on yes

Leave a comment:

• Marc Smith
    replied
    3.5 templates are 'built in'. Check for changed templates first (and hopefully you'll have a list of mods you've done to your board) so you know what templates you've customized.

Go to styles. Make a new style with No Parent - Name it whatever you want. Delete all styles you had except the new one you just made. That puts you at 'ground zero' with all 3.5 templates just like in a new install. Leave that as your 'Base' style.

Make a child style and start customizing, inserting mods, etc. in it.

Now - If you've done a lot of mods / hacks and didn't list them or otherwise track them, then you'll have some work to do.

Leave a comment:

• zeropaid
    replied
    no.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X