Quick Reply not showing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick Reply not showing

Quick Reply is not showing up, in thread view.

I have Quick Reply set to "Yes - Click Not Required" and Quick Edit set to yes but still no box.

Is there another setting that i am missing after the upgrade?
    www.zeropaid.com

As per your other thread, are you using templatres that are compatable with vBulletin 3.5.0?

Comment

How do i ensure that i am using the right templates? It sounds like this might be the problem. How do i fix?
      www.zeropaid.com

Comment

ok, quick reply showing up.
        www.zeropaid.com

Comment

How did you get it to work?

I'm having a problem with quick reply and quick edit too with the default theme.

Comment

It appeared to be an issue with the templates, i guess i had old templates which didn't allow me to view the QR box. Go to find updated templates and you might need to revert them, that is what helped me.
            www.zeropaid.com

Comment

Originally posted by zeropaid
              It appeared to be an issue with the templates, i guess i had old templates which didn't allow me to view the QR box. Go to find updated templates and you might need to revert them, that is what helped me.
              Thank you, it worked!

Now I need to find 3.5 templates.

Any ideas?

Comment

no.
                www.zeropaid.com

Comment

3.5 templates are 'built in'. Check for changed templates first (and hopefully you'll have a list of mods you've done to your board) so you know what templates you've customized.

Go to styles. Make a new style with No Parent - Name it whatever you want. Delete all styles you had except the new one you just made. That puts you at 'ground zero' with all 3.5 templates just like in a new install. Leave that as your 'Base' style.

Make a child style and start customizing, inserting mods, etc. in it.

Now - If you've done a lot of mods / hacks and didn't list them or otherwise track them, then you'll have some work to do.

Comment

hy I've updated my board but my quickreply box don't showing up?
                    How can I do, I've only default style and quickreply is already on yes

Comment

Thanks, worked like a charm

Comment

Same problem here. Quick Reply is set to "Yes - Click Required". All templates are up-to-date. I'm using the default style but I've created a new one just in case. I've emptied the cache and restarted the browser for both Firefox and IE.

Still, the Quick Reply box doesn't show. Is there anything else I can check?

Comment

My quick reply is acting a little funny. The editor buttons aren't working (I've done a reload) and the little quick reply button next to the quote button in the post isn't showing up. I'm not sure what to do to fix this little problem.
                          "Oh, so they have internet on computers now!" --Homer.

Comment

This may be a bit much, but one fellow on my forum complained for about two weeks. Finally... He said he completely uninstalled Firefox, rebooted, reinstalled Firefox and things started working. I don't believe it's a Firefox issue - I think that person just had things screwed up on his computer in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Smith
                              3.5 templates are 'built in'. Check for changed templates first (and hopefully you'll have a list of mods you've done to your board) so you know what templates you've customized.

Go to styles. Make a new style with No Parent - Name it whatever you want. Delete all styles you had except the new one you just made. That puts you at 'ground zero' with all 3.5 templates just like in a new install. Leave that as your 'Base' style.

Make a child style and start customizing, inserting mods, etc. in it.

Now - If you've done a lot of mods / hacks and didn't list them or otherwise track them, then you'll have some work to do.
                              Is that just "the way it is" when you upgrade vB? If so, that is just ridiculous, and unacceptable for a product that you actually have to pay for... The plugins I had installed, the tweaks I had done to my templates, and I just have to hope that I remember what I did in the hours I spent working on it? Come on! I'm really disappointed here, wish I didn't upgrade at all..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X