3.0.9 to 3.5 Database

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0.9 to 3.5 Database

I plan to move my site to a new hosting company. Can i build my forums with vb3.5 and when i get ready to move replace the database with the forum that is active 3.0.9

I think you should upgrade first

This is becoz if u have a problem, u dont know what the problem is (settings need to change, host is rebbish etc)

so upgrade on ur currect host is what i recomend

Comment

Yea i was trying to get away from having to do all my hacks and stuff on a live board..

Comment

Staff?

Comment

It really does not matter.

You can upgrade on host account A, then move.
          You can move to host account B, and then upgrade.

All it takes to move are the forum files and a dump of the database.

I suggest to check if the dump you make is 100% , and that the new host has shell access so you can easily and securly restore the dump of the database.

Comment

So after I get everything running smootly on host (B)

I can go back to Host (A) Live site runnong 3.0.9 backup db. running 3.0.9 then upload that to host (B) running 3.5 Gold

Comment

And the easiest thing is if both hosts use cpanel, request the same username and have the new host do the transfer.
              I did this when moving from one host to another and it was completely seamless.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X