Some Members have LOGIN problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Members have LOGIN problem.

I have a few Members having this problem since upgrade from 3.0.8, to 3.5.

Members Comment:I keep getting logged out, I sign in and start posting and get the message that I'm not logged in.

Install team did install.
    Last edited by cartooner; Sun 2 Oct '05, 6:45am.

I have some members having this problem also.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad F.
      I have some members having this problem also.
      So far 3 members are...I guess all we can do is wait for a solution. I had them clean out Browsers Cache, Cookies etc. and they still are having trouble staying logged in.

Comment

We are still having trouble with this on my Forum..Tried Remember me..and clearing out COOKIES,etc.

Comment

I have had members reporting this issue as well, but I have not been able to duplicate it.

Comment

Originally posted by sifuhall
            I have had members reporting this issue as well, but I have not been able to duplicate it.
            Neither have I ...but I still have several members having problems staying Logged in and would like to know why!!

Comment

Same here. Also have a problem with the forum logging me out when I close a browser. If I open up a new one I have to log in again even though I did not log out myself.

Comment

Might as well put me on the list here too. I've instructed a few people how to do everything on their browsers and still they seem to be experiencing issues. I myself did not have to make any adjustments to IE or Mozilla and I have no problems staying logged in. Not sure what the problem is, I did have one person add the site to their internet privacy allow list and they seem to have corrected the problem. Can't be 100% positive on that.

On 3.0.8 we never had this sort of issue.

Comment

Same here, many of our 25000 users experience this problem! About ever 15 minutes they're being logged out.

Comment

Is vB3.5.0 timing me out?

Originally posted by cartooner
                    I have a few Members having this problem since upgrade from 3.0.8, to 3.5.

Members Comment:I keep getting logged out, I sign in and start posting and get the message that I'm not logged in.

Install team did install.
                    Add another victim to the list ... It's happened to two of my users, and last night it happened to me. I'm editing a new message, click on Preview and the system takes me to a log-in page. After logging back in, it behaves normally.

I initially thought that I had violated some timeout period but I can't find anything in the admin panel other than a cookie timeout of 900 seconds ... and I can almost guarantee I wasn't idle for 900 seconds.

I am running a skin from extremepixels but other than that it's a stock 3.5.0 installation (upgraded from 3.0.9) ...

Comment

Since this is something that cannot be reproduced and only happens with some users, then the cause is somewhere on their end. It's impossible to know exactly what it is but some possibilites are: browsers, browser settings, Internet and security settings, ISP and/or cache issues, firewalls, ad-blockers, and any other application that affects Internet content.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

3.5 logging me off?

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                        the cause is somewhere on their end
                        Steve,

Thanks for helping us look into this. I know that in my case all these problems started cropping up after the 3.0.x to 3.5.0 conversion. Perhaps you have some insight into the code changes that might have impacted otherwise normal browser settings/firewalls/etc behavior.

My frustration is I only get ~30 visitors per day and three problems in three days of operation is ~1% failure rate. I need to get to the bottom of this or it'll mushroom.

Let me work with my users to see if we can narrow the issue down ...

Comment

I don't know if I missed something during the upgrade or not... but my cookie domain which was set to .<mydomain>.com before the upgrade was blank after the upgrade. This caused login issues until I changed it and the people having trouble deleted all the cookies from the site and tried again.

So, if you had the cookie domain set to something other than the default 'blank', check that it is still set. Again... I'm not sure if I missed this setting during the upgrade or if the upgrade itself missed it. Worth a shot to look at it.

vBulletin options>Cookies and HTTP Header Options>Cookie Domain

Comment

Originally posted by woodp
                            Steve,

Thanks for helping us look into this. I know that in my case all these problems started cropping up after the 3.0.x to 3.5.0 conversion.
                            Same here. I upgraded from 3.03 to 3.5. No hacks, unless you count moving the who's online and birthdays from the bottom of the forum to the top.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X