Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade problem!

In the last step of the upgrade process I get the error:
    Could not find phrase 'security_alert_x_still_exists'.
    When I hit return I go to the screen Step 5: All Done and when I hit proceed I go again to the first screen I mentioned with the phrase that it doesn't find and it keeps going this way, from the first screen to the second and so on!
    It's so annoying, I feel like I'm almost there and I get this error!!

Maybe I have to mention that I uploaded the version that does not contain xml files and images in order to keep my previous language and images.
    Last edited by Michelle; Fri 30 Sep '05, 5:13pm.

You need the new XML files

I don't believe the 3.0.x phrases and language files work with 3.5.X and the error is because vb3.5 couldn't read the old xml file. I'd replace the language files with the new versions and reinstall.

Comment

Your upgrade has completed, now remove install/install.php

Upload the includes/vbulletin-*.xml files (I believe there are 4 of them)

Upload the tools.php file from the do_not_upload/ folder and run it in your browser.

From it, import the xml files.
      Hopefully this will fix the issue.

Comment

I tried it firstly on my test forum - I installed 3.5 and then uploaded the greek xml. Maybe the problem is that with the upgrade in my normal forum there was no 3.5 xml in the first place...
        Anyway I opened a support ticket some hours ago and Steve is being quite helpful
        I hope it's resolved soon as I find it quite difficult to stay awake for a lot more... :/

Comment

Upgrade normally first, once everything works; import the greek .xml file.

not beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
            Your upgrade has completed, now remove install/install.php

Upload the includes/vbulletin-*.xml files (I believe there are 4 of them)

Upload the tools.php file from the do_not_upload/ folder and run it in your browser.

From it, import the xml files.
            Hopefully this will fix the issue.
            Are you sure? Have you seen the support ticket? Maybe this will ruin what Steve is doing, dunno... :/

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
              Upgrade normally first, once everything works; import the greek .xml file.

not beforehand.
              Yes but now I made the mistake and have already upgraded...

Comment

Originally posted by Loukrhtia
                Are you sure? Have you seen the support ticket? Maybe this will ruin what Steve is doing, dunno... :/
                I can not know you are already handling this in a support ticket, so can't help you any further now. Continue with the support ticket as this is only causing confusion.

Comment

Working...
                X