Clear All

• CaptainBlue
    replied
    Phew!

Leave a comment:

• alfisti.net
    replied
    yes I know this and I used this.
    but the missing phpinclude_start in VB3.5 takes a lot of time (to find out what to do), I don´t use the standard modules in vbadvanced and I have loose a lot of time with the cookies and the handling with the externals applications.
    Of couse, if you only use the standard vbadvanced this update should be done in half an hour.
    so don´t panic

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Originally posted by alfisti.net
    set up a new and clean forum version on your server, use impex to copy the content and try it out. after you tested all you can upgrade the vbulletin and copy the plugins, languages, styles etc. to the upgraded version

I have done a lot of modifications and it is a lot of work to upgrade to 3.5 I need ~8 hours only for vbadvanced (incl. a lot of external integrations like gallery, shop, parts-market).
    You know they have a 3.5 version avaible.. and have for awhile now.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by alfisti.net
    I need ~8 hours only for vbadvanced

Leave a comment:

• alfisti.net
    replied
    set up a new and clean forum version on your server, use impex to copy the content and try it out. after you tested all you can upgrade the vbulletin and copy the plugins, languages, styles etc. to the upgraded version

I have done a lot of modifications and it is a lot of work to upgrade to 3.5 I need ~8 hours only for vbadvanced (incl. a lot of external integrations like gallery, shop, parts-market).

Leave a comment:

• CaptainBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Brad.loo
    you should always do it under a test installation first
    The difficulty here is knowing how and where to set up that test install. Each live one is already using the single db available to it and I don't run a PHP-capable server locally.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by CaptainBlue
    http://www.zrxoc.com/board/
    This one is just a mildly tweaked 3.0.9 apart from the vBChat addon. I assume I'd have to uninstall vBChat as it wouldn't work under 3.5.0? What are the alternatives?
    I forgot: this one also has vBAdvanced as a CMS thingy for a possible new homepage.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Most hacks have to be re-written for 3.5.x, that ones that don't will most likely be re-done as plug-ins.

The style has changed a lot from 3.0.x, many little things over the entire template set.

If you are looking to upgrade a modified forum you should always do it under a test installation first, this will give you a better idea of how much work it will take.

Leave a comment:

• CaptainBlue
    started a topic Should I Upgrade?

Should I Upgrade?

I run a few forums and wondered which ones I should/could upgrade now and what features won't work.

http://www.zrxoc.com/board/
    This one is just a mildly tweaked 3.0.9 apart from the vBChat addon. I assume I'd have to uninstall vBChat as it wouldn't work under 3.5.0? What are the alternatives?

http://www.motorcyclefolly.co.uk/forum/
    This one uses a tweaked Aqua-Soft theme and is integrated with Coppermine Gallery.

I then have another forum which again is just a tweaked Aqua-Soft themed one.