Upgrade Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade Question

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum but I want to confirm some things before I upgrade.

Will I have to set the color scheme for my back to what it is after the upgrade?

I have only one hack on my board. Is it correct that when I upload all of the 3.5.0 files, that all of the hacks are automatically removed or do I have to manuall revert them back to the original form?

Added database tables and fields won't be removed, source code changes are removed. And templates that are customized won't be reverted.

You can keep using your style but it is possible it might not work correctly wth 3.5 - this depends on the complexity of your style.

Don't forget to make a backup of your database and files before you upgrade.

Comment

I'm using the basic vbulletin 3 style, I just changed some of the colors. I guess I have to revert the templates myself. Are the templates stored in the php files or are they in the database?

I guess I'm just wondering if I can just upload the files, run the upgrades knowing the hack will be gone, and reapply the hack after upgrading or do I have to manually revert the templates before I begin the upgrade. Sorry, I'm still pretty new to upgrading the vbulletin software.

Comment

I believe I've upgrade successfully. No problems yet.

Comment

The upgrade will install the latest templates for you. Any templates you did not customize are then updated. Any customized templates will be left alone so you won't loose your style codes.

Comment

You might want to revert the 3.0.X styles so that they are [more likeely to be] compatible with 3.5...

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X