Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrade problems - admin control and others

Hello -

I tried to upgrade from 3.07 today to 3.5 and encountered some difficulties. The install was going smooth until it got to the 3.5 beta upgrade stages. At this point it crashed with some error related to a table error in the database. The instructions said to refresh and i did this and tried to go back and then forward. When I did this, it continued on with the upgrade and completed but I never got to the last screen. It just went blank white.

I looked at the forum and it says it is upgraded to 3.5. However, I cannot access the admin control panel at all. I just get a blank screen. It is not a cache problem as I emptied the cache. Plus, now I don't know if the install really is OK or not.

I tried to restore 3.07 but ran into problems. I used FTP to upload the old files again and restored the database using cpanel -- it said it was restoring the file but i never saw a confirmation. When I tried to access the forum it bombed with various errors.

I used my FTP program to upload the 3.5 upgrade again and tried to install again. This time, everything went smooth, but it did not go through all the stages to get 3.5. I tried to access the board and it seems OK for the most part, but again, the Admin function is not working.

I have no idea how to fix any of these things. The board was installed by you guys. Please help. I have the forum turned off right now.

Thanks -

Michael

http://www.raincoatreviews.com/forums/

P.S. -- my email is now [email protected] ... the old aol address will not work.

Contact support through the members area > contact > new support ticket to request to have your customer details updated. This way your customer details are up to date and you can receive the proper support.

Comment

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction ... i never needed support before! vBulletin really is quite solid. =)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X