ok, I am very stumped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ok, I am very stumped.

How do you integrate vbulletin with a website template? So that your forum looks like your site?

Check out subdreamer.com

It can skin your forum according to the cms or with a skinner style, like i use on ut2007world.com - the other way around. Basically a full integration - I love that baby (uh, and it has a free version too although I reccon the full (pro) version)
    I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

Comment

Or you can copy the css of the theme you are using, use it in the html page of the index of your main page and upload the css with the html page to the site so that it looks like this:

Code:
      /forum
      index.html
      xxx.css
      With the index being outside the root of your forum.

My setup at Mysouthernlady.com
      uses a html page:
      Code:
      mysouthernlady.com/forum
      mysouthernlady.com/index.html
      mysouthernlady.com/Mountains.css
      Inside my html page, the code was this:
      Code:
      <!-- CSS Stylesheet -->

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="http://mysouthernlady.com/Mountains.css">

<!-- / CSS Stylesheet -->
      Secret City Designs

Comment

or you can use vBadvanced.
        it's free(if you have a vb license), integrates seamlessly with vb, and is skinned/styled with the style that the forum is using.

Comment

I just copied everything upto the "content" area of my HTML template as the common header. and everything below as the common footer. (minus the <head> content as that goes into headinclude, and <body><html> as its not needed. I copied my style sheet into the last box on the "Main CSS" page. Just make sure you dont call your styles the same as Vbulletin's.

My site uses layers / CSS positioning, but I found this a problem with VB3.5 because it made the editor drop down menus appear all over the browser window. I found it easier to convert my DIV layers to tables than trying to find a fix..... but if anyone had the same problem, and knows a fix, do please post here so I can give it another try .

Comment

What theme are you using and what is your site? With FF I can figure out your css for just your theme. And then edit it so that it is a page all alone. Liz
            Secret City Designs

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.Jeckyl
              or you can use vBadvanced.
              it's free(if you have a vb license), integrates seamlessly with vb, and is skinned/styled with the style that the forum is using.
              Is this a product as robust as other portal products? Who can I talk to about my needs?

Comment

Wow, thanks Southernlady and the others. that is what I love about vbulletin, excellent support.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X