Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, after ugrading from vbulletin 3.0.6 - 3.5.0 RC3, i have encountered this error when trying to upload an avatar.

Upload of file failed.

file_uploads: On open_basedir: /data/in/u/usbornetek/www/tupacaveli:/usr/local/lib/php:/data/gadgets/data:/data/gadgets/cache safe_mode: On upload_tmp_dir: /data/temp upload_max_filesize: 128.00 MB
    Results The attached file's temporary location (/data/temp/phpQnsSuO) could not be found. The test cannot continue.
    im not sure where to create the data/temp/ directory?

Thanks in advance for your help

In the Admin CP, click on vBulletin Options and open the Server Settings and Optimization Options section and turn on the Public phpinfo() Display Enabled setting. Then provide the URL to your forums. This may help us troubleshoot this problem.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks steve

http://www.tupacaveli.com/board/

Comment

The /data/temp directory is a main server directory and can only be added by the host. You need to contact them about this.

Also you have open_basedir restrictions on your server. To get uploads to work you need to create a 'tmp' subdirectory under your www/tupacaveli directory and chmod it to 777. Then in the Admin CP set "Upload In Safe Mode?" to 'Yes' and point the "Safe Mode Temp Directory" to that directory. If you placed the tmp directory in the right place, the path to the Safe Mode Temp Directory will be:

/data/in/u/usbornetek/www/tupacaveli/tmp

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

thanks alot steve, ill contact my host

EDIT: so i need to ask them to create the Temp directory in Data/ and do they have to chmod it to 777?

Comment

Yes, /data/temp must be chmod'd to 777.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

i contacted them, and they said they could not create this directory because it was a security risk. they also said that through the vbulletin software i should be able to do this, so what can i do? my users are getting angry at not being able to upload their own avatars, is there anything i can do?

Comment

They are not being quite truthful. The server is demanding that all PHP uploads go through the /data/temp/ directory.

If they do not want to create this directory then the least they could do is modify the server so this is not required.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X