Session table fills up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Session table fills up.

For some reason it seems like rows in the session table are no being deleted. I hit 32K and change on Sunday and again today. I had to empty the session table so it can start doing it's job again.
    Last edited by Abe1; Fri 16 Sep '05, 1:46pm.

Did you edit your footer template? Often changes to this template can break the scheduled tasks function that empties this table on a regular basis.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Nope. No changes to it.

Comment

Changes to any templates? The only other cause of this is that either you have removed one or more of the scheduled tasks, or you have added some code that is interfering with this function.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

How should sessions normal work? one per userid?

Comment

Originally posted by Abe1
            How should sessions normal work? one per userid?
            Basicly yes, but AOL users are known to inflate that number a bit because their ip changes nearly every page load.

Make sure the files /includes/cron/cleanup.php and /includes/cron/cleanup2.php are uploaded to the server and correct. If they are make sure they are in the scheduled task manager.

Comment

I figured out the problem. MY CRON JOBS STOPED RUNNING AFTER I UPGRADED TO vB3.5RC3!

Any help?

Comment

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

No clue why the style would change anything but I did both. CRON jobs still dont run.

Comment

Originally posted by Abe1
                    No clue why the style would change anything but I did both. CRON jobs still dont run.
                    Are your pm popups working?

Comment

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
                      Are your pm popups working?
                      Yes. I just tested. With and without plugins enabled. Both times I got a pop-up.

Comment

BTW, I just checked a test forum that I have on my home server, also no cron jobs since the update.

Comment

Scheduled Tasks work fine on an unmodified forum. Note that you have to have some forum activity to trigger these tasks.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                            Scheduled Tasks work fine on an unmodified forum. Note that you have to have some forum activity to trigger these tasks.
                            What should I do now?

Comment

Honestly there is no reason for this not to work if you have done what I suggested in post #8 and your forums have regular traffic. My suspicion is that there is still a change you made that is keeping scheduled tasks from running.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X