Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable default style

Hello...

I'm probably missing something obvious...

I can't stop vBulletin's default style from appearing in the skin choosers dropdown menus.

I created a new style as a child to the vB default style. In style manager I set 'allow user selection' to no for vB's default style, and set 'allow user selection' to yes for my new style. In style and language settings I set the default style to my new style.

The problem is, in the quick style chooser and the user cp, the original vBulleting default style still appears in the drop down menus.

Any suggestions?

Thx,
    D.

The new style should have been parent, Not child then disable the default selection in the style manager That's the way I do it with much success. If there's another or better way I'm sure someone soon will be around to assist.

Good Luck
    Last edited by BrandNIC; Mon 12 Sep '05, 6:52pm.
    I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

Yeah, tried that. In fact, nothing I do stops either style from appearing in the dropdowns. I'll experiment further. Need to create a test database for this.

D.

Comment

vBulletin Options -> Style and Language Options -> Allow users to choose styles = No.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
          vBulletin Options -> Style and Language Options -> Allow users to choose styles = No.
          It sounds like he wants to allow user selection but not include the default style, Correct?
          I've Gone to find Myself, If I return before I get back (Keep Me Here)

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke
            Yes, that's what I've done for now, but that will only hold me until I create my second custom style as a child to my first custom style.
            Originally posted by BrandNIC
            It sounds like he wants to allow user selection but not include the default style, Correct?
            Yes. I haven't altered the vB default style. I'd like to keep that around in case I need it for future testing. My plan is to have one style act as the parent for all future styles, and that parent style would not be the vB default style, and of course the vB default style would not be accessible to users.

Thx,
            D.

Comment

You either need to:

1 - Make all users see the same style.
              2 - Allow user to pick any style.
              3 - Delete the default style if you do not want your users to be able to pick this one.

TrUz
              The Junkyard | Terragen Heaven

Comment

I am having the same problem. On 3.0.7 and before all the "hidden" styles were not selectable.

After the upgrade to 3.5.0, the "hidden" parent and non-parent styles are user-selectable.
                Talk about pets and post pictures at Talk Pets!

Comment

I'm on 3.5 RC2 and if you're a supermod or administrator then you can select any style regardless of if it's set to Allow User Selection or not. Registered Users can only select styles set to Allow User Selection.

Would like to find out if supermods and administrators can be limited to Allow User Selection styles.

Thx,
                  D.

Comment

Originally posted by dsmcd01
                    I'm on 3.5 RC2 and if you're a supermod or administrator then you can select any style regardless of if it's set to Allow User Selection or not. Registered Users can only select styles set to Allow User Selection.

Would like to find out if supermods and administrators can be limited to Allow User Selection styles.

Thx,
                    D.
                    Yup logged out and it works correctly. Thanks!
                    Talk about pets and post pictures at Talk Pets!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X