Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird image problem

Morning!

Upgraded to 3.5 RC 3 and ran into the following problem.

Currently im getting duplicate rankimages on users that shouldn't (?) get it. For example, on this screenshot here, you see one of my forum moderators whois a member of the Super Moderator group, in addition to getting the MOD rank image for his group, also gets the user rank image default for a post with xx amount of posts.

Now, I have played around a little with the new Display Type, and whether i use "Always" or the "DisplayGroup=ThisGroup", the result is the same. Obviously this weird problem was not an issue in 3.0.x, and im running out of ideas in how to get this to work... hmm the way it used to.

Any help would be appreciated!

Edit: Forgot to mention that I tried updating the counters between each attempt to correct the error of the images.
    Last edited by eMike; Sat 10 Sep '05, 4:15am.
    Using vBulletin since 2002
    -- Because there is no better

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Then change to this style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Yep!
      No change in the problem unfortunately

Comment

With the original style? What's the URL?

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

URL to the bioard is www.cstrike.no/fourms

As an example... in this post here, you see that the mods / admins have both the rank image indicating our postcount, plus the rank image for the mod or the admin group.

In other words, one image stacks with the other.
          Last edited by eMike; Sat 10 Sep '05, 7:15pm.

Comment

First, could you please fix your sig as per my PM several hours ago?

Try setting 'Stack Rank' to 'No' Then if you still have the same problem, please report this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Ops, did not see the PM
              My apologies there

And "Stack Ranks" was set to no by default on all. Tried setting them all to yes, and then back to no with no result.

Comment

But another thing

The helpfile about rank images in the ACP gives you two options and says the following:
                Always: This rank will always be displayed if a member has this rank's usergroup as their primary or one of their secondary groups.

If Displaygroup = This Group: This rank will only be displayed if a member's displaygroup is equal to this rank's usergroup.
                What is the "displaygroup" and wheres the settings for that?

Comment

Each member who is in multiple groups can set their preferred disaplay group in their User CP. Or you can set this in their user profile in the Admin CP.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X