Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember me = yes, but still logged off

Hello...

My users are still being logged off even though they have the 'remember me' checked.

vB 3.5 RC2. Any suggestions?

Thx,
    D.

Is this happening to all users or some? Do the affected users have cookies enabled in their browsers?

Comment

I believe it's for all users, but I'd need to test to make sure. Their cookies are enabled - IE and Firefox.

Thx,
      D.

Comment

Do you get the same problem when you login to your board?

Can PM me the url to your forums and a usename and password I can use to take a look?

Comment

OK...check your PMs...

Thx,
          D.

Comment

Well it all seems to be working for me with the username you provided. I tested it under IE & Firefox and neither logged me out with the Remember Me ticked.

Can you find out what your users are actually doing when they get kicked out?

Comment

That's just plain odd. It's almost as though when I changed the cookie timeout value, something change. Users are no longer being logged out at timeout if they have 'remember me' checked.

Hmm...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxy
                Well it all seems to be working for me with the username you provided. I tested it under IE & Firefox and neither logged me out with the Remember Me ticked.

Can you find out what your users are actually doing when they get kicked out?
                Yeah, I'll experiment further. It's a brand new board and I haven't changed anything in cookies.

Either it healed itself or something shook loose when I changed the timeout value for our testing.

Was seeing the logout behavior just this morning before out testing.

Thanks again. Appreciate it.
                D.

Comment

Don't "Mask" The Domain.

Comment

Originally posted by MobayNation
                    Don't "Mask" The Domain.
                    I'm sorry, I don't know what that means.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X