Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnage-
    replied
    whats wrong with just using domain redirects?

get one domain to point to forumid 1 and the second to point to forum id 2.

Might need to check that what you want to do is allowed under the liscense agreement, but aside form that i see no problems...

Leave a comment:

• SaN-DeeP
    replied
    Originally posted by VirusZero
    I was wondering, is it possible to have multiple forums running on 1 board? Basically, I want my graphics site forums and pc site forums to be merged into one giant network board. I dont not however want the sections mixed. I know you can do this by creating two catagories on the root page and putting each forum in each catagory.

HOWEVER, I wish to preserve the domain for each forum! Is it possible to have real working domains (not redirects) on each catagory (forum?)
    Check vbulletin.org, i have came across service requests which had this kind of jobs.
    Probably, the end-user was able to find a developer who can get the same done.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    That's one forum with many subforums. How the forums are presented is irrelevant.

What you are asking for, namely separate domains sharing 1 database or 1 set of users, is not supported by vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• VirusZero
    replied
    Yes I know that. However what I am describing is a situation like this: http://www.rpgforums.com/forums/index.php?

They have multiple forums on one database. They unfortunately have a php url for each different forum. Is there any way to substitute each of those urls with a domain. Basically I want to run multiple forums on one database with shared users.

Leave a comment:

• feldon23
    replied
    Basically, if you have 2 databases, then you need to buy two copies of vBulletin and the users will NOT be synched between them.

Leave a comment:

• VirusZero
    started a topic 2 forums on 1 board?

2 forums on 1 board?

I was wondering, is it possible to have multiple forums running on 1 board? Basically, I want my graphics site forums and pc site forums to be merged into one giant network board. I dont not however want the sections mixed. I know you can do this by creating two catagories on the root page and putting each forum in each catagory.

HOWEVER, I wish to preserve the domain for each forum! Is it possible to have real working domains (not redirects) on each catagory (forum?)
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X