2 forums on 1 board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 forums on 1 board?

I was wondering, is it possible to have multiple forums running on 1 board? Basically, I want my graphics site forums and pc site forums to be merged into one giant network board. I dont not however want the sections mixed. I know you can do this by creating two catagories on the root page and putting each forum in each catagory.

HOWEVER, I wish to preserve the domain for each forum! Is it possible to have real working domains (not redirects) on each catagory (forum?)

Basically, if you have 2 databases, then you need to buy two copies of vBulletin and the users will NOT be synched between them.

Comment

Yes I know that. However what I am describing is a situation like this: http://www.rpgforums.com/forums/index.php?

They have multiple forums on one database. They unfortunately have a php url for each different forum. Is there any way to substitute each of those urls with a domain. Basically I want to run multiple forums on one database with shared users.

Comment

That's one forum with many subforums. How the forums are presented is irrelevant.

What you are asking for, namely separate domains sharing 1 database or 1 set of users, is not supported by vBulletin.

Comment

Originally posted by VirusZero
          I was wondering, is it possible to have multiple forums running on 1 board? Basically, I want my graphics site forums and pc site forums to be merged into one giant network board. I dont not however want the sections mixed. I know you can do this by creating two catagories on the root page and putting each forum in each catagory.

HOWEVER, I wish to preserve the domain for each forum! Is it possible to have real working domains (not redirects) on each catagory (forum?)
          Check vbulletin.org, i have came across service requests which had this kind of jobs.
          Probably, the end-user was able to find a developer who can get the same done.
          TechArena - TechArena Community - News - Download - Video - Guide - Review

Comment

whats wrong with just using domain redirects?

get one domain to point to forumid 1 and the second to point to forum id 2.

Might need to check that what you want to do is allowed under the liscense agreement, but aside form that i see no problems...
            Some of my Mods:
            Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb3.6+ version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
            Advanced IP Ban Manager (vb4 version) - Fine grained control over blocking trouble makers.
            Use Original thread for Comments - Uses the original thread for comments for any forum threads promoted to CMS articles.
            Custom Friendly Urls - Allows customisation of forum urls from the admin CP.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X