Admin vs. Admin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin vs. Admin

Is there ANY way to prevent admins editing admins (or even deleting) admins posts / threads ?
    I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol like some thinkle peep I am!

In your config.php, look for this option: UNDELETABLE / UNALTERABLE USERS

The users you specify there will not be deletable or alterable from the control panel by any users. So that will solve the editing of admins issue.

I dont know if you can prevent admins from editing another admins post/threads though..
    DaShadyBoard.com

Comment

To prevent admins from editing you, put yourself as an unalterable/undeletable user in config.php. As for posts and threads, I don't know. Wow...Emil and I posted at the same time...ROFL.

Comment

But be aware, if they have ftp access there is little you can do period. Don't admin people you can't trust.

Comment

also make urself a super admin

Comment

Thx, I know the setting in the config and I am the only SuperAdmin and have already the setting actiavted for my team .. Nobody has ftp access at all (NO WAY )

But It does not prevent an admin to modify a POST or delete it from another admin right ?

Comment

Setting yourself as undeletable admin doesn't prevent other admins to edit or delete your post.

Comment

Xenon's Message Editing Hierarchy plug-in does exactly what you want.
                The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                Articles - Forum Review
                Interviews:
                KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                Paul M

Comment

wrong version

Comment

Well, you did post your question in the vBulletin 3.5 'How Do I' Questions Forum. There are other versions though...
                    The Admin Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators
                    Articles - Forum Review
                    Interviews:
                    KierScottJerryAndreasSteveWayneJakeFlorisLogicianErwin
                    Paul M

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X