No announcement yet.

How to get Guest usertitles to show up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get Guest usertitles to show up?

I edited the usertitle for guests by editing the phrase $vbphrase['guest']; however it seems that by default in 3.5, guest usertitles do not show up?

I have made them show up by adding the following code (highlighted in red) to the postbit template:

Code:
    <if condition="$post['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont">$post[usertitle]</div></if>
    [COLOR=Red]<if condition="$vbphrase['guest']"><div class="smallfont">$vbphrase[guest]</div></if>[/COLOR]
    But is this necessary, or is there some setting that handles this?

Originally posted by Kadence
    I edited the usertitle for guests by editing the phrase $vbphrase['guest']; however it seems that by default in 3.5, guest usertitles do not show up?

I have made them show up by adding the following code (highlighted in red) to the postbit template:

Code:
    <if condition="$post['usertitle']"><div class="smallfont">$post[usertitle]</div></if>
    [COLOR=Red]<if condition="$vbphrase['guest']"><div class="smallfont">$vbphrase[guest]</div></if>[/COLOR]
    But is this necessary, or is there some setting that handles this?
    Won't that show the title for all users?

Comment

Originally posted by TCM
      Won't that show the title for all users?
      You're right, I suppose it would show the guest title for all users.

So how do I do this then? (get guest titles to show up for all guest posts)

Comment

Does anyone know how to get Guest titles to show up for guests only?

Comment

Are you allowing guests to post messages?

I may not understand the question properly but here's an answer.....
          • Login to Admin CP
          • Go into Usergroups Manager
          • Edit Unregistered / Not Logged Usergroup
          • Make User Title "Guest". Although thats the setting by default....
          • Click Update at the bottom
          Alternative
          • Within Admin CP, click on "User Ranks" down the left nav
          • Click on Add New User Rank
          • Change Usergroup to "Unregistered / Not Logged in"
          • Change Minimum posts to "1"
          • Enter text in the last text field as "Guest"
          • Click Save
          • Follow the link from the "User Rank Manager" to "Update User Titles & Ranks"
          • Click on Update User Titles & Ranks button on the Maintenance page you've been taken to

Was that any use?

Comment

Thanks for the advice, but it your suggestions unfortunately didn't work. User titles still don't show up under Guests (I'm using RC2).

Yes guests are allowed to post messages. Actually this is a subforum where posts are imported from a newsgroup so all posts are from guests, and I want the guest user title to indicate that they are.

I think the issue is with the default postbit template because I don't see a condition that uses "$vbphrase['guest']" anywhere.

I've now changed my postbit modification to the following condition:
            Code:
            [COLOR=Red]<if condition="!$show['profile']"><div class="smallfont">$vbphrase[guest]</div></if>[/COLOR]
            <if condition="$post['rank']"><div class="smallfont">$post[rank]</div></if>
            Hopefully this has the effect of only showing titles for guests. But I still wonder if there is another way...?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X