3.5 to 3.08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.5 to 3.08

is there a way to revert or port my 3.5 to 3.08? after working with 3.5 i really like it, but there are a bunch of add-ons/hacks i'd like to use which aren't available for 3.5 yet so i'm thinking it would be best to revert to the latest stable version

AFAIK the only way to revert from 3.5 to 3.0.8 is to upload the 3.0.8 files and restore your database from a backup, there is no way to convert the database back.

Comment

Originally posted by evilzedar
      AFAIK the only way to revert from 3.5 to 3.0.8 is to upload the 3.0.8 files and restore your database from a backup, there is no way to convert the database back.
      Indeed, there is no downgrade script.

Comment

hmm. i will probably lose a couple week's worth of posts by reverting

thank you both for your responses though

Comment

If I were on of your members I'd rather have less hacks than lose a bunch of posts....

Comment

Originally posted by ATI4EVER
            If I were on of your members I'd rather have less hacks than lose a bunch of posts....
            agreed. they may or may not notice the cool features - but they'll sure miss their posts!

actually the reason i want to revert is not hacks or add-ons but because i could convince a couple existing phpbb forums to merge with ours... IF i can retain their users and posts, which i could probably import with impex, but that only works with the stable version

anybody know if/how i could import their users at least?

Comment

with impex? You cant yet Not with 3.5.0....

Comment

yeah, i know

hey do you think i could create a 3.08 board and import the phpbb forum users/threads into there, then upgrade that one to 3.5, then somehow merge the resulting db with my current 3.5?

i mean, theoretically it could work?

(i know, backup all data first! lol)

Comment

I'd be best to wait for 3.5 gold and impex.

Comment

That won't work, as two 3.5 boards cannot merge together without Impex. You'd be better off just waiting for 3.5 Gold.

Comment

thanks again for the input guys. guess i will wait for gold!

Comment

smart choice. Best thing i like about 3.5 = easier to install hacks. Takes less than a minute instead of editing which takes 30 minutes or even one hour.

Comment

totally agree -- that's why i went with 3.5 in the first place

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X