Fatal error: functions.php on line 4240

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal error: functions.php on line 4240

well its a repost from http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150457 with a new subject so ppl can maybe spot and help--

Hi,

When running a crontab on RC2 i get this error.

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/ragezone/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4240

so steve said

Line 4240:
    $vbulletin->db->unlock_tables();

I believe you need to make sure your db user has lock permissions on your database.

but problem is, how do i lock the permissions on my database or set lock permissions? i have root access so hope this speeds stuff up.

mental

I too get this error when trying to run the Daily Statistics Log cron manually in 3.5.0 RC2..

Daily Statistics Log

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/forum/includes/functions.php on line 4241
    ----------------------------------

Searching the bug tracker provides a fix..
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/bugs3...=931&status=20
    Last edited by Oblivion Knight; Sat 13th Aug '05, 5:37pm.

Comment

If you have ensured you are running the original RC2 files and have not installed any hacks or plugins, please report this in the 3.5 Bug Tracker.
      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

and you can give your mysql user lock permissions through cpanel.

Comment

ive asked 100 diff ppl now how do i lock and every1 says u go to cpanel or root, yet no1 has explained how to actually do it so can sum1 plz actually tell me how to do it rather than just point to a road

Comment

Originally posted by mentalrz
            ive asked 100 diff ppl now how do i lock and every1 says u go to cpanel or root, yet no1 has explained how to actually do it so can sum1 plz actually tell me how to do it rather than just point to a road
            Have you tried the fix contained in the bug report that I directed you to?

It may not necessarily be an issue with locks.

Comment

I am having the same problem.

db user have full permissions to the database.

vBulletin 3.6.4
              MYSQL 5.0.24a
              Apache 2
              PHP Version 5.1.6
              Last edited by emral; Sun 24th Dec '06, 6:27pm.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X