Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I embed the forum into my sites layout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I embed the forum into my sites layout?

I am rebuilding my entire site, over the last two years it has turned into a bunch of unrelated, mismatched modules.
    I have the design already, and have built a lot of the site around it.
    I have a page I'd like the forum to fit into.
    How can I get my forum into the large white block on the bottom right of a page like this http://www.bloodbanktalk.com/forum.cfm?
    Cliff
    PathLabTalk
    Square Wheels Cycling

Shouldn't be too hard... other sites have done this so try looking at their source to see what they've done (sitepointforums.com comes to mind).

I think the best route would be to edit the header template and add all the html up to the red line for the copyright into that template. Then edit the footer template, make it 100% width and put the red line and the rest at the very bottom of the template. You may have to do some more editing (like removing the vB copyright and instead putting it beside yours) but that should do it.

Oh, and let me know how it works out. I plan on doing this very same thing in the future so helping you will help me

MGM out

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion.
      Is there an easier way to do it? I think I can basically get it to look the same for the top and bottom, but how would I add the left part?
      Cliff
      PathLabTalk
      Square Wheels Cycling

Comment

as MGM said its incredibly easy.

and design elements should go in the header template. You are using conldfusiong which i havent had much experience with but it should still be fine..
        Simply open your template in dreamweaver or whatever, place your cursor where you want the forum to go and go to the source code and everything above it goes in the header and everything below goes in the footer.

because of the way html works (top to bottom left to right) all your right hand side stuff will be in the 'header' even though is not exactly a header as such

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X