User Rank question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Rank question

Is there anyway to give someone a user rank if they have 0 posts?
    I set the minimum posts for one of the user ranks as 0 but it shows them as having no user rank at all.

Did you run the 'Update User Titles and Ranks' cycle?
    Best Regards
    Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Yes, every time I updated ranks or titles I did the "Update User Titles and Ranks" cycle.

EDIT: Normally you really wouldn't notice that someone with 0 posts doesn't have a rank because they have no posts, but I can view ranks in the user profile too and it doesn;t show up, plus I have a forum that doesn't count posts made in it towards your post count.
      Last edited by Troak; Tue 2 Aug '05, 10:23am.

Comment

Originally posted by Troak
        Yes, every time I updated ranks or titles I did the "Update User Titles and Ranks" cycle.

EDIT: Normally you really wouldn't notice that someone with 0 posts doesn't have a rank because they have no posts, but I can view ranks in the user profile too and it doesn;t show up, plus I have a forum that doesn't count posts made in it towards your post count.
        You know, you're right. It didn't click with me at first, but I have noticed the same thing.

I have a user rank based on a Usergroup, with 0 as the post value, and if you view the profile of a user who is in that usergroup, their rank doesn't show. Once they make at least 1 post, it will show. Kinda sounds like a bug to me...
        vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

Any developer want to comment?
          vBulletin v3.8.0's Implementation of Google Adsense Should Be Avoided At All Costs - Do Your Own Adsense Implementation

Comment

I noticed this too. I thought it was because the user hadn't set a display group, as my ranks are based on display group.

I can post some examples, or just take a look at my memberlist, and find someone with zero posts and an italicized name (which means they are a guild member and should have a title as such).
            ~FlareCDE
            "Reality is nothing, perception is everything."
            Server Shutdown

Comment

Working...
            X