• Jascript error on forumdisplay page

Hi all,

I have the following js error on forumdisplay page:

Erreur : fetch_object("pagenav_form") has no properties
    Fichier Source : http://mmorpgs.info/clientscript/vbulletin_global.js
    Ligne : 1474
    You can have a look here, if need:
    http://mmorpgs.info/forumdisplay.php?f=20

Any advice is welcome to help me to solve this issue, javascript is not my friend and I'm afraid I will not be abble to solve it alone :/

The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Hi Steve,

With a new template from scratch like you recommend, I don't get the js error.

After investigating a bit, it looks like the following code is missing (I upgraded from 3.0.5 to 3.5 some hours ago without apparently no problem):

<!-- PAGENAV POPUP -->

<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="pagenav_menu" style="display:none">
      <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
      <tr>
      <td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">Go to Page...</td>
      </tr>
      <tr>
      <td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite">
      <form action="index.php" method="get" onsubmit="return this.gotopage()" id="pagenav_form">
      <input type="text" class="bginput" id="pagenav_itxt" style="font-size:11px" size="4" />
      <input type="button" class="button" id="pagenav_ibtn" value="Go" />
      </form>
      </td>
      </tr>
      </table>
      </div>

<!-- / PAGENAV POPUP -->
      But I have no clue why it's missing and where I'm supposed to insert it :-/

Edit: I compared both templates and found where to put the missing code, problem solved, thanks for your help ;-)
      Last edited by krisae; Mon 1 Aug '05, 2:05pm.

Comment

I have the same problem. Updated from 3.0.7 to 3.0.8 and now 3.5RC2

Comment

i have created a new style and it's working ok. Krisae in what template was that code missing ?

Comment

I've got the same problem as well, went from 3.0.7 to 3.5RC2.

Comment

Me too from Beta 1 to Gold.
              Stuart Wright, founder AVForums.com. [strike]13[/strike] 15 million posts and counting.
              vBulletin user from 2001. We stopped upgrading vB at 3.8.2 and sadly we're going no further.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol
                The first thing I recommend is that you reupload all the original vB non-image files (except install.php). Make sure you upload these in ASCII format and overwrite the ones on the server.

Next, create a new style and choose no parent style. This will force it to use the default templates. Finally empty your browser cache, close all browser windows then try again. Make sure you change to the new style and view your forums with it. Do you have the same problem?
                not to be disrespectful, but I see this "canned answer" everywhere for these template problems and we're gettin no real help from vB getting these issues worked out. I had none of these problems in RC3. Now if I take a reverted Forumdisplay template and try to add a simple cat image table, IE will not recognize the sub-forums and crashes...wth is going on?
                Last edited by smackLAN; Mon 3 Oct '05, 4:47pm.
                RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

Originally posted by smackLAN
                  not to be disrespectful, but I see this "canned answer" everywhere for these template problems and we're gettin no real help from vB getting these issues worked out.
                  No real help? Frankly I'm busting my ass helping people. Whether you realize it or not well over 50% of the problems that are reported to us are caused by not uploading the original vB files and/or not reverting the templates. It would be a waste of time and irresponsible not to ask people to check these things before going on to the next step. Sorry this offewnds you so much.

If you need help - please start your own thread rather than hijacking someone else's.

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm sure you are working very hard and I'm sure that is the case with many. I have started 2 threads on this subject explaining that, in my case, I have done exactly as instructed with the files and still get either your answer or "I have done several styles for people in 3.5 and haven't had this problem" so maybe you can see my frustration. Perhaps I need to submit a service ticket and see if someone can look at my code and help that way. Also, sorry...didn't mean to hijack this thread.
                    Last edited by smackLAN; Tue 4 Oct '05, 6:30am.
                    RazorThemes ~ Cutting Edge Designs

Comment

If you are refering to this thread, then simply reply that you have tried these things and you still have this problem.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=156354

I'll be glad to continue helping.

Steve Machol Photography

Comment

Originally posted by iserna
                        i have created a new style and it's working ok. Krisae in what template was that code missing ?
                        Its in the navbar template.

Comment

I had the same issue and... as you guys said

Adding

" <!-- PAGENAV POPUP -->

<div class="vbmenu_popup" id="pagenav_menu" style="display:none">
                          <table cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1" border="0">
                          <tr>
                          <td class="thead" nowrap="nowrap">Go to Page...</td>
                          </tr>
                          <tr>
                          <td class="vbmenu_option" title="nohilite">
                          <form action="index.php" method="get" onsubmit="return this.gotopage()" id="pagenav_form">
                          <input type="text" class="bginput" id="pagenav_itxt" style="font-size:11px" size="4" />
                          <input type="button" class="button" id="pagenav_ibtn" value="Go" />
                          </form>
                          </td>
                          </tr>
                          </table>
                          </div>

<!-- / PAGENAV POPUP -->"

at the end of NAVBAR template fixed the issue. Thanks guys!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X